Not all superheroes wear capes, some of them look like a mother, a daughter, a sister, a friend, a guide, a confidant, a wife or a lover. Without them our lives would definitely not be the same. So thi Women’s Day celebrate and pamper yourself with these bold and delicious recipes that rejuvenate, refresh and stimulate you! Men, feel free to also make these recipes for your loved ones (but ofcourse you know you don’t need a “day” to do this!)
BENEDICT IN BED
Eggs Benedict is a traditional American breakfast or brunch dish consisting of toasted halves of an English muffin topped with broiled ham, poached eggs, and hollandaise sauce. Often times the ham is replaced with either bacon or spinach.
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, for garnish
- 2 teaspoons white or rice vinegar
- 2 English muffins
- 4 eggs
- 8 pieces of bacon or 4 pieces of Canadian bacon
- Firstly prepare the bacon or garlic spinach to be made as the base while bringing the poaching water to a boil.
- Add a tablespoon of vinegar to the water. Poach the eggs to the desired level. Simultaneously toast the muffins.
- Once done, place the spinach/bacon on the toast, carefully top the poached egg and cover with the delicious hollandaise sauce and garnish with parsley.
Infuse a refreshing change in the life of the woman of substance! Detox water is an infused water recipe that helps flush your system of toxins, increases your metabolism and improves your health. If you’re trying to lose weight, drinking water is one of the easiest things you can do to give your efforts a boost.
- You can make a fruit infused water as you like. Add some lemons and cucumbers for a refreshing taste and Vitamin C packed drink.
- The lemon in the water helps reduce bloating and at the same time helps improve skin and hair as well.
- Cucumbers are one of the most underrated antioxidants around, even though they have so many health benefits.They’re made up of mostly water, which makes them a perfect component of a cooling detox drink. Among its many health benefits, cucumbers are a great source of vitamin B, and are rich in potassium and magnesium. Detox water can be made with different ingredients like oranges, berries, melons, etc. Add a few leaves of mint/lavender for fragrance and taste.
BLUEBERRY “SUPERFOOD” MUFFIN
This is not the regular muffin that you can find in any bakery. This indulgent muffin is not only delicious but very healthy too. It is power packed with the goodness of oats and blueberries which are well known antioxidants.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oats–quick or regular oats
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tablespoon + 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups honey nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven and coat muffin tin with cooking spray or liners. Combine flour, sugar, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Combine yogurt, eggs, butter, and vanilla in a second bowl. Fold the yogurt mixture into dry mixture; stir to combine completely.
- Gently mix in blueberries. Spoon into muffin tins filling them full. Bake for 20-25 minutes until top is golden and springs back when you gently touch it.
Shop for the super ingredients for this super recipe at Nature’s Basket. Find the nearest store to you. Click here.