We all wait for winters just so that we can get our supply of delicious, juicy strawberries. They are loved by all and consumed in large quantities, either fresh or in milkshakes, desserts, ice-creams etc. Strawberries are not only delicious, but they also have a lot of health benefits.
Strawberries are an excellent source of vitamin C and a good dose of fibre, folic acid, manganese and potassium.
They have been used throughout history in a medicinal context to help with digestive ailments, teeth whitening and skin irritations.
Their fibre and fructose content may help regulate blood sugar levels by slowing digestion.
Eating three or more servings of strawberries a week may help reduce Heart Diseases.
Eating strawberries twice a week, helps to boost memory too.
Easy & Fun recipes
1.Cut the stem side of the strawberry to make it stand followed by Cutting the bottom of the strawberry to make a hat.
2. Make whipped cream using fresh Cream.
3. Spoon a large dollop of whipped cream on top of strawberry base for the ‘face’ and ‘beard’.
4. Decorate the face with choco chips or sprinkles.
1.Chop Strawberries in Medium Sized cubes.
2. Add the strawberries, sugar and lemon juice in a pan and stir over low heat until sugar dissolves.
3. Increase heat to a high and bring mixture to a boil.
4. Keep Stirring for about 10-15minutes.
5. Spread jam on Cookies and short Breads and enjoy.
Visit www.naturesbasket.in to get your supply of fresh and delicious strawberries and also share with us your fun recipes.