This holiday season, let’s skip the store-bought cartons and ready made jugs, and have our eggnog the old-fashioned way with real eggs.
• 4 tablespoons of Healthy Alternatives Organic Sugar
• 2 cups light cream
• ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
• ½ teaspoon ground Healthy Alternatives Cinnamon
• 6 Egg Yolks
• 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
• ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 2 cups milk
• 2 whole Cloves
1.Combine 2 cups milk, 2 whole cloves, ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract and ½ teaspoon cinnamon in a saucepan, and heat over the lowest setting for 5 minutes.
2. Slowly bring the milk mixture to a boil.
3. In a large bowl, combine 6 egg yolks and 4 tablespoons of sugar.
4. Whisk together until fluffy.
5. Whisk the hot milk mixture slowly into the eggs and pour the mixture into the saucepan.
6. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly for 3 minutes, or until thick. Do not allow the mixture to boil.
7. Strain to remove cloves, and let it cool for about an hour.
8. Add in the cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and ¼ ground nutmeg and stir
9. Refrigerate overnight before serving.
Visit www.naturesbasket.co.in to find all the ingredients you need to make this delicious eggnog.