We all know Christmas is all about leftovers, but this year why not notch up the regular leftovers? We have gathered some innovative leftover recipes for you to try this Christmas. Read on to make these delicious quick and easy Christmas leftover meals.
1. Assemble The Perfect Sandwich
Sometimes, simple is best. Pile up your favourite leftovers in a towering sandwich. To take things up a notch we have this delicious recipe for your Christmas leftovers.
- 100 gm Brussel sprouts, cooked and finely sliced
- 1 tbsp. sider vinegar
- 4 white sub rolls
- 4 tbsp. light mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp. cranberry sauce
- 40 gm baby spinach
- 200 gm turkey breast, cooked and sliced
- 150 gm cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Now, mix the sprouts, cider vinegar and some seasoning in a bowl
- Take the sub rolls and cut it open
- Spread the mayonnaise on one side of the sub and cranberry sauce to the other
- Now, divide the spinach into each sub and top it with turkey for the filling
- Place the sprouts on top of the sub and sprinkle the cheese over
- Close all the rolls and press them to get everything together
- Now, bake them for 5-7 minutes until the cheese melts.
2. Christmas Crumble Pudding
Christmas pudding is religiously served every year. It is super delicious and is eaten cold with cream after the big day – you could even try to convert into a fruity buttery crumble.
Read on to make this delicious Christmas crumble pudding.
- 30 gm butter
- 30 gm brown sugar
- 1 apple cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 ripe pears
- 150 gm blackberries
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 120 gm plain flour
- 30 gm caster sugar
- 60 gm butter chilled and cubed
- 25 gm blanched hazelnuts roughly chopped
- 75 gm Christmas leftover pudding
- Vanilla ice cream optional
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius
- In a medium pan, heat butter and sugar together until melted
- Now, add the apple and cook for 3 minutes stirring to coat the butter
- Add – pears, cranberries, cinnamon and cook for 1 minute
- For the crumble topping mix – flour, castor sugar and cubed butter into a large bowl
- Now, rub together with your fingertips until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs
- Stir in hazelnuts and crumbled Christmas pudding
- Scatter the crumble mixture over the top of prepared fruit
- Now, bake for 25 minutes until the topping is golden
- If desired, serve hot with ice cream or custard.
3. Panettone Toast with Sticky Ginger Mascarpone
Panettone is often given as gifts, you might end up with some slices of this festive Italian cake. Read on to make this impromptu dessert.
- 120 gm mascarpone
- 2 tbsp. ginger finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. Maple syrup
- 1 panettone vertically sliced
- 4 tbsp. raspberry sauce
- Icing sugar to dust
- In a bowl, mix the mascarpone, ginger and maple syrup
- Grill or toast the panettone slices until slightly golden and fragrant, then cut them half diagonally.
- Serve each slices with ginger mascarpone, raspberry sauce and dust it with icing sugar.
Try these quick and easy Christmas leftover recipes now! Buy all the required ingredients at Nature’s Basket store.