We all struggle with eating healthy every day and often give-in to the easily available unhealthy choices available. Well, with some effort you can prepare your whole week’s lunch meal in advance and just toss them in the bag as you leave for work.
1. Meal Prep Of Shrimp And Asparagus
Be amazed to see how just five ingredients can make a healthy meal-prep for an entire week!
- 450g uncooked peeled shrimp
- 2 + 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Healthy Alternatives Lake Salt Crystal
- Grounded Healthy Alternatives Organic Black Pepper Whole
- 4 cups asparagus
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium bowl place shrimp and pour one tbsp. of the olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss everything together and set aside.
- In a parchment paper, place asparagus and cherry tomatoes on the sides of the sheet pan leaving out the centre. Toss in rest of the oil and add some salt and pepper. Spread out in an even layer and bake for around 10 minutes.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven and place shrimp on the centre of the sheet pan and roast for about 8 minutes.
- Place an even amount shrimp, asparagus and cherry tomatoes into 4 different containers. Cover with the lid and place in the fridge for up 4 days. Heat as required.
2. Sesame Chicken Pasta Salad
Packed full with healthy nutrients and tossed in a tangy dressing, this easy-peasy dish is ideal for making lunch meal-preps!
- 2 cups Healthy Alternatives Multi Grain Gluten Free Pasta
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 5 tbsp. Healthy Alternatives Cold Pressed Sesame Oil
- 1 ¾ soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 5 tbsp. Healthy Alternatives Organic Honey
- 1/8 tsp. Healthy Alternatives Lake Salt Crystal
- Healthy alternatives Organic Sesame seeds
- 1 Mix Fruits & Vegetables
- Spring onion
- Cook the pasta and heat oven to 425°F.
- Toss the chicken breasts in one tbsp.. Sesame oil and ¾ tbsp. soy sauce and bake in a small baking dish for about 10 minutes and flip.
- Allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes before slicing into strips.
- In a large bowl, toss the olive oil, vinegar, honey, remaining sesame oil, soy sauce and salt. Add the cooked chicken, pasta, and fruits and vegetables mix, until completely coated.
- Divide the mixture amongst 4 containers and sprinkle with sesame seeds and spring onions, and refrigerate.
Love to take the shorter route to cooking? Check out, Mug Recipes for Every Meal