New Year’s Eve is just around the corner and everyone’s going abuzz with party plans! Hosting a party is not going to be a hectic task, when you have the perfect party platter ready for your guests. You want to impress your guests and we want to help you. Try these amazing finger food ideas this New Year’s Eve for a lip-smacking bash.
1. Garlic Tapas Tomatoes
Get the Española vibe into the party with these slow roasted garlic tomatoes. Perfect as a wholesome appetizer, the delicious blend of zesty tomatoes and flavourful garlic is a solid win. They’re simple to cook, quick to eat and definitely easy to fall in love with.
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place the tomatoes cut side up on a large pan in a single layer.
2. Place the sprigs of thyme and the cloves of garlic in between the tomatoes. Pour oil over the tomatoes.
3. Bake for 45 minutes. Tomatoes will char slightly. Discard the thyme. Season with salt and pepper.
4.Squeeze meat from the garlic cloves over the tomatoes before serving them warm. Garnish with fresh thyme.
2. Zucchini Pesto Roll Ups
Zucchini + Pesto + Basil all rolled into one with some yummy pork sausages – what’s there not to like? They’re a quick and easy solution for when you need something simple but sumptuous on the table to serve your guests. With our exclusive L’Exclusif Basil Pesto Sauce, this recipe becomes even easier!
1. Heat up your grill. Slice your zucchini ¼ inch length-wise with a knife. Place your zucchini in a bowl with 3 tbsp. of Healthy Alternatives – Pure Olive Oil, salt and pepper, and a pinch of garlic powder then use your hands to mix it and coat the zucchini.
2. Place your pork sausages on the grill along with your zucchini. After your zucchini have cooked for about 4-5 minutes and have begun to show grill marks, flip them. Be sure to keep an eye on them because they will burn rather quickly.
3. Once your zucchini and sausages are completely cooked through, remove them to cool. When your zucchini is cool to the touch, use a spoon to spread the L’Exclusif Basil Pesto spread down the center of the zucchini strip and cut off an inch of sausage.
4. Place the sausage in the middle of the zucchini so the cut sides are facing towards the outer ridges of the zucchini. Wrap the zucchini around the sausage and use a toothpick to hold it in place. Serve with a dipping sauce of your choice.
3. Marinated Olives with Oranges
Olives marinated in citrus juice, garlic, and spicy crushed red pepper is just the recipe you need for a sensational cocktail party. They require minimal effort and work out perfectly well as sides for all those New Year’s Eve cocktails.
1. In a large skillet, heat the Healthy Alternatives – Pure Olive Oil. Add the garlic, orange zest and crushed red pepper and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until the garlic is softened.
2. Add the olives to the skillet and cook, stirring, until hot about 5 minutes. Remove the olives from the heat and stir in the orange juice. Let them cool completely, stirring occasionally. Serve at a room temperature with toothpicks.
Get all the ingredients you need for your big 2018 bash at the Nature’s Basket store.
Want more easy and exciting finger food recipes? Check these quick bites recipes for a last minute party .