Seafood bowls are easy to throw together. They have been trending in the food world for a while now. The concept is very simple – pick a whole grain, a veggie and your favorite seafood. Now you have a nourishing and nutritious lunch or dinner for any day of the week.
1. Rainbow Salmon with Tahini Drizzle
This rainbow salad bowl is filled with crunchy, bright veggies, easy broiled salmon and topped with amazing tangy tahini drizzle!
- 1 salmon filet
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 cup red cabbage
- Fresh radish
- 1 cup spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. tahini
- ¼ tsp. honey
- ¼ tsp. soy sauce
- Juice of ½ lime
- Water (if needed)
- Chop your vegetables and set aside.
- Begin with your tahini drizzle – combine Dijon mustard, tahini, honey, soy sauce, juice of 1/2 lime and mix thoroughly until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and water if needed.
- Place your oven on broil. Add salmon filet to a baking dish with salt and pepper to taste and drizzle of olive oil.
- Broil on high for 5-6 minutes.
- While your salmon is cooking, cook your broccoli for in a sauté pan for 5-6 minutes until crisp.
- Assemble the bowl, add the spinach followed by salmon filet, the cabbage, broccoli and radish.
- Drizzle your tahini dressing on top.
- Add salt and pepper
2. Shrimp Bowl
A super easy and filling shrimp bowl is the perfect go-to dish for you to take to work or wherever your day takes you. It tastes as good chilled, as it does warm. To make this super easy shrimp bowl recipe read on.
- 1 kg large shrimp
- 3 tbsp. canola oil
- 3 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 to 2 chipotle peppers
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp. honey
- ¾ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup black beans drained and warmed
- 2 cups tomatoes
- 1 large avocado chopped
- 4 green onions chopped
- ¼ cup red onion chopped
- Fresh coriander
- Lime wedges
- In a bowl, mix – shrimp, canola oil, fresh lime juice, chipotle peppers, garlic cloves, honey, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Marinade the shrimp with the ingredients.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and coat evenly.
- Spread the shrimp across the pan and discard the remaining marinade.
- Cook for 2 minutes on each side.
- Assemble the bowl with the rice, black beans, veggies and sprinkle with cilantro. It’s now ready to eat!
3. Tuna Quinoa Bowl
This tuna quinoa bowl is a healthy grain bowl recipe. The honey mustard vinaigrette brings all the flavours together.
- 1 cup quinoa rinsed
- 2 tbsp. olive oil or butter
- 5 small beet roots
- ½ tsp. orange zest finely grated
- 1 tsp. orange juice
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. honey mustard
- Oil packed tuna
- 4 hard cooked eggs peeled and quartered
- 12 green olives chopped
- Radish slices for garnish
- Add olive oil to frying pan. Add tuna and cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Chop beets into bite size pieces.
- Steam the beets for 5 minutes.
- Put the beets and greens in a bowl. Add orange juice, zest, salt and toss to combine.
- Assemble the salad place the quinoa, tuna, greens and bens in a bowl.
- Top with eggs and drizzle with honey mustard on top.
- Garnish with olives and radish.
Buy all the ingredients to make the seafood super bowls at Nature’s Basket store now!