When we think of cooking chicken at home, one of the first things that pop in our minds is the stuffed chicken dish. Healthy and full of proteins and nutrients, it is a savory blend of chicken, cheese and vegetables. But have you failed to prepare this delicious dish? Fret not, here is a fool proof way to cook the perfect stuffed chicken!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tsp. Healthy Alternatives Oregano
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup sliced mushroom
- ½ cup sliced red capsicum
- 1 ½ cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- Cheese slices
Stuffing The Chicken:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree. Sprinkle some salt and oregano on both sides of the chicken.
- Place the chicken on a flat surface and cut a slit through each breast and season inside of chicken.
- In large skillet, add olive oil and garlic, sauté over medium heat for about a minute. Then add mushrooms, bell pepper and continue stirring for around 2-3 minutes. Finally add the spinach and stir frequently until cooked and set aside.
- Stuff the chicken breast with the prepared mixture. Then add 1-2 slices of cheese, per chicken.
- Use toothpicks to thread chicken breasts near the openings to secure them. If some of the filling has comes out, just tuck it back in.
Baking the Chicken:
- Over medium heat, place a skillet with a tbsp. of oil. Blister and cook the chicken on both sides for around 3-4 minutes until they turn golden.
- Then place the skillet in the oven and cook for about 16-18 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Transfer the chicken breasts to serving plates. Carefully remove and discard the toothpicks. Serve immediately!
Love having chicken in various forms? Try 4 Party Food Ideas With Cold Cuts