There are days when you find yourself out of options and in a hurry to pack lunch for work or kids. Cold cut sandwiches are the answer to your prayers during such turmoil. But more than often we try to stick to our age-old monotonous recipes and forget to add zest and flavour to our sandwiches. With so many ingredients easily available nowadays, it is easier to get creative and make something that is outside the box. These healthy and delicious recipes will satisfy the whole family.
1. Chicken Waldorf Sandwiches
Give the classic American Waldorf salad a fun twist by serving it up in the form of sandwiches.
• 2 cup shredded chicken
• 1 chopped unpeeled apple
• 1 cup chopped celery
• ½ cup chopped walnuts
• ½ cup dried L’Exclusif Whole Dried Cranberries
• ½ cup mayonnaise
• 2 tbsp. Healthy Alternatives Greek Natural Yogurt
• 2 tsp. lemon juice
• 1/8 tsp. Healthy Alternatives Organic Rock Salt
• 8 slices L’Exclusif Sandwich Bread
• leaf lettuce
1. Combine the chicken, apples, celery, walnuts, dried cranberries, mayonnaise, yoghurt, lemon juice, and salt in a medium bowl and mix well.
2. Make sandwiches with the mixture by spreading it in between bread loaves and add lettuce. You can store the chicken salad recipe filling in the refrigerator up to two days, tightly covered.
2. Broccoli Turkey Salad Sandwich
The perfect way to sneak healthy broccoli in your loved one’s meal is by putting it in between loaves of bread. They will never know what hit nutrients them!
• 3 cups shredded cooked turkey
• 1 ½ cups cooked broccoli florets
• ½ cup mayonnaise
• ½ cup finely chopped onion
• 1 tsp. L’Exclusif Whole Grain Mustard
• 2 tbsp. mixed herbs
• 1 tbsp. lemon juice
• L’Exclusif Sliced Bread Loaf
1. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients and stir well to fully incorporate all the flavours.
2. Place the mixture between slices of bread to make the perfect healthy sandwiches.
3. Mini Chicken Salad Croissants
This easy to whip up mini chicken salad sandwiches are perfect for get-togethers or on the go lunch option.
• 1/3 cup sour cream
• 1/3 cup mayonnaise
• 2 tbsp. lemon juice
• 1 tsp. salt
• ¼ tsp. Healthy Alternative Organic Black Pepper Whole
• 3 cups cooked chicken
• 4 slices of celery
• 1 cup chopped mushroom
• ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
• lettuce leaves
• L’Exclusif Croissants
1. In a small bowl, combine sour cream, mayo, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
2. In a large bowl, combine chicken, celery, mushrooms, and peppers. Stir sour cream mixture into chicken mixture until fused. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
3. Spread the chicken salad mixture onto each lettuce-lined croissant.
Now before you run off to the market to gather the ingredients, check 4 Reasons to Switch To Quinoa Bread