Every ham lover knows that instant spark of happiness when you cut through a piece of beautifully smoked ham and catch a glimpse of that delicious pink meat on the inside. A ham that’s roasted to perfection, served with some piping hot scalloped potatoes with onion and cheese can make any foodie’s mouth water instantly.
Hungry for some ham? Then we have just the thing for you! Check out these ultimate ham delicacies to be enjoyed at breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
1. Ham And Mushroom Quesadillas
Buenos días! Time to wake up and shine. One bite of these cheesy ham and mushroom quesadillas will make your taste buds scream ‘gracias’! Put a Mexican spin on your day by serving these stuffed babies for breakfast with some salsa, sour cream, or guacamole.
1.Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add the ham, green chilies, and mushrooms; and sauté for 5 minutes. Set them aside and wipe the pan clean.
2. Place 1 tortilla in the pan. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of cheese over one half of the tortilla; arrange ½ a cup of the ham mixture over the cheese. Sprinkle over them with 2 tablespoons cheese and fold the tortilla in half. Cook for 1 minute on each side or until the cheese melts. Repeat procedure to make more quesadillas.
2. Ham And Arugula Salad
This fresh, light salad is the perfect meal to devour at lunchtime. Tossed in red wine vinegar, the sweet, tangy oranges balance the salty, crisp ham creating some lip-smacking flavor combinations. The arugula adds a pop of green to this tender, juicy afternoon snack.
• ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon of Healthy Alternatives olive oil
• ¼ kg of baked ham, sliced and cut into 2-inch pieces
• 1 orange, separated into slices, with its juice
• 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
• Sea salt and Healthy Alternatives Organic Black Pepper Whole
• 2 bunches of arugula, thick stems removed (about 8 cups)
• 1 small onion, thinly sliced
1.Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ham and cook until it crisps, for about 5 to 7 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, toss the orange segments with the orange juice, vinegar and the remaining oil, with ¾ teaspoon of salt, and ¼ teaspoon of pepper. Add the arugula, onion, and ham and toss to coat.
3. Honey Mustard Glazed Ham
This shiny, crisp-edged ham will make a luscious centerpiece for your dinner table. Serve with a side dish of herb garden potatoes with fresh spinach and lemon and woe your dinner guests with your scrumptious culinary skills.
Be sure to leave just enough fat on the ham to get that perfect balance of sweet, crunchy crust on the outside and soft, juicy meat on the inside.
1.Heat the oven to 350°F and arrange a rack in the lower third section. Trim away any excess fat from the ham, leaving about a 1/4-inch layer of fat all over. Set the ham aside to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
2. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place the ham on the baking sheet and cover it with a piece of parchment paper. Tightly cover the ham and parchment paper with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients in a saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the butter melts and the brown sugar has completely dissolved, for about 3 minutes. Set aside and let cool to lukewarm temperature.
4. When the ham is ready, remove it from the oven and increase the oven temperature to 425°F. Discard the foil and parchment paper and, using a sharp knife, carve a 1-inch-wide diamond pattern (don’t cut more than 1/4-inch-deep) over the entire ham.
5. Brush the ham with a quarter of the glaze (about a generous 1/3 cup), return it to the oven, and bake uncovered for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, brush with another quarter of the glaze, and repeat every 15 minutes until all the glaze has been used and a dark golden-brown crust has formed, about 55 to 60 minutes total. Let the ham rest 20 to 30 minutes before slicing.
Ready to ham away? Get your ingredients from the nearest Nature’s Basket or click here.
Add some veggies to your ham mania for a rich, wholesome meal. Check out these 5 DIY Healthy Salads You Must Try