This month is filled with feasts and festivities. Although, the beginning of the year is a quieter time for recharging and making fresh starts. The shining star for green smoothies are leafy greens. Leafy greens are enriched with protein, vitamins, antioxidants and minerals. We have gathered some of the best green smoothie recipes just for you. Read on to get your dose of greens.
1. Protein Smoothie
It is not only protein shakes or meat that help you with your daily protein intake but also healthy green smoothies. This protein smoothie is packed with nutrients that support weight loss, weight management and provides you essential protein from the greens.
- 1 cup soy + protein milk
- 1 cup baby spinach
- ½ banana
- ½ pear
- 1 tbsp. almond butter
- 2 tbsp. Chia seeds
- ½ cup water
- In a blender, mix all the ingredients together and blend it into a smoothie.
- Pour in a glass with chia seeds on top.
- Youthful Glow Green Smoothie
2. Youthful Glow Green Smoothie
We all want skin that glows and hair that is soft and shiny. By consuming this youthful glow smoothie daily, you can begin to wipe away all those holiday eating regrets and put those new year’s resolutions to work. Here’s your ticket to healthy glowing skin.
- 2 cups kale
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 apple
- ½ cucumber
- ½ lemon squeezed
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger grated (optional)
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Drink right away because the foam will rise on the top which means you will have lots of good fiber to drink.
3. Avocado Breakfast Smoothie
Are you a breakfast person? If yes, this smoothie recipe has got you sorted for the rush mornings. Smoothies are simple, quick and can save a lot of your time. This avocado smoothie recipe is refreshing, filling but not heavy and delicious enough to kick start the morning.
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup kiwi
- 1 ½ tsp. lime juice
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup fat-free yoghurt
- ½ cup apple juice
- 1 tbsp. honey
Cut avocado in half, scoop out flesh.
Now, in a blender, add all the ingredients and blend it into a smoothie.
4. Coconut Green Smoothie
Coconut green smoothie charges your energy and refreshes you in the morning. It creates freshness inside your gut and gets you prepped for the day. Read on to make this delicious and refreshing coconut green smoothie.
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup plain Greek yoghurt
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 large banana
- 1 green apple
- 2 tbsp. shaved coconut
- 1 cup ice
- In a blender, mix – coconut milk, Greek yoghurt, spinach, banana, apple and ice. Blend until smooth.
- Pour in a glass and top it with shaved coconut.
Have you got your daily dose of greens? Get all the ingredients to make your smoothie at Nature’s Basket store now!