Always hunting for that healthy snack for your evening hunger pangs? Why not make this simple granola bar which you can carry around all day for instant energy. Granola bars are rich in fiber, a good source of minerals and vitamins and hence make for a great snack to munch on.
Here is a simple recipe for making your own granola bar.
• 2 cups rolled oats
• ¼ cup Healthy Alternatives sunflower seeds
• ½ cup Healthy Alternatives almonds
• ½ cup Healthy Alternatives floral honey
• ½ cup Healthy Alternatives peanut butter
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 1 tablespoon butter
• ¼ cup L’exclusif choco chips
1.Preheat the oven to 180-degree C.
2. Spread the oats, sunflower seeds, and almonds onto a half- sheet pan and toast for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. In the meantime, combine the honey, peanut butter, salt, butter and choco-chips in a medium saucepan and place over medium heat.
4. Once the oat mixture is ready, remove it from the oven and combine it with the liquid mixture.
5. Pour the mixture onto the buttered baking tray, spread it evenly and bake for 25mins.
6. Remove the mixture from the oven, allow it to cool completely and enjoy.
Find all the ingredients that you need to make your own granola bar here.