A good recipe depends on how good your ingredients are. Even a basic dairy ingredient needs to be fresh and of the finest quality to make your recipe stand out. We believe an ingredient can make or break your dish. To ensure you get the best quality ingredients right at your doorstep and even at the store, we have brought to you some of our best dairy ingredients that are super fresh. Indulge in some dairy goodness with Nature’s Basket and prepare some quick dishes to relish on.
- Pesto and Goat Cheese Risotto
- olive oil, for frying
- 200g risotto rice
- 700ml chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 tub fresh pesto
- 100g fresh soft goat’s cheese
- Pour a glug of olive oil into a large saucepan. Tip in the rice and fry for 1 min. Add half the stock and cook until absorbed. Add the remaining stock, a ladle at a time, and cook until the rice is al dente, stirring continually, for 20-25 mins.
- Stir through the pesto and half the goat’s cheese. Serve topped with the remaining cheese.
2. Cheesy Fondue for Your Starters
- 125ml white wine
- 450g goat cheese, grated
- 450g cheddar, grated
- 1 heaped tsp cornflour
- small baguette, torn into chunks, to serve
- Heat the wine in a heavy-based saucepan, then add the cheese, a handful at a time, and keep stirring. When all the cheese has melted, add the kirsch, followed by the cornflour, stirring until completely smooth.
- Serve the pan in the middle of the table on a wooden board with the chunks of baguette for dipping.
3. Banana Bread Overnight Oats
- 1 cup plain kefir
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon all-spice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 2 small ripe bananas, sliced
- In a medium mixing bowl or plastic container with a lid, combine kefir, milk and oats; stir until well combined.
- Add in remaining ingredients reserving about 2 tablespoons of the nuts and 1 tablespoon of the maple syrup for garnishing.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 8 hours. When ready to serve, place approximately half the banana slices in the bottom of serving glasses or bowls, divide the oat mixture evenly between them. Top with remaining banana slices, pecans and a drizzle of maple syrup.