We all love the delicious guava. This seasonal fruit, which is also known as Amrood in hindi is usually round shaped and is green, yellow or maroon when ripens. Strawberry guava, cherry guava, and apple guava are some of the common types of this fruit. Guava have a long shelf life and is easily not perishable unlike its peers. Guava is a powerhouse of nutrients and is a great source of potassium, magnesium, calcium, zinc, vitamin e and vitamin b6.
You must have consumed raw guava but have you ever thought to consume it in more interesting ways? Scroll down to find out just how!
1. Guava Drink
Quench your thirst by going for this healthy drink which is made by cooking and blending of guavas.
- 2 cups Guava cubes
- 3 tbsp. Healthy Alternatives Organic Sugar
- ½ tbsp. Lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Ginger juice
- 3 ½ cups of Water
- Healthy Alternatives Lake Salt Powder
- In a non-stick pan, combine the guava, sugar and water. Mix well and cover with a lid. Cook on a medium flame for 5-7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Let it cool completely and then blend the same in a mixer till smooth.Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add the lemon juice, ginger juice, salt and the remaining water and mix well. Serve.
2. Guava Kheer
The strong fragrance and sweet taste of guava makes it suitable to be inculcated in desserts. Give your regular kheer a twist by adding this seasonal fruit to it.
- 8 Guava
- 1 tbsp. Ghee
- 1 tbsp. Nature’s Finest Irani Pistachios
- 1 tbsp. Healthy Alternatives Black Raisins/Kali Draksh
- Few strands of Saffron
- 3 cups Milk
- Boil seven guavas in a pressure cooker for upto 4-5 whistles. Cool the cooked guavas and puree them.
- In a non-stick wok, heat ghee and add almonds, pistachios and raisins and sauté for a minute.
- Grate 1 guava into the wok and sauté for about 5-7 minutes. Add the guava purée and mix well.
- Add saffron and milk and mix. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Transfer into a serving bowl, cool and serve!
3. Minty Guava Infused Water
We all are in dire need of detox water thanks to our unhealthy and hectic lifestyles. This drink will work wonders for you as it has the combination of guava and mint leaves. Fruit Infuser bottles are easily available in a market and is an essential in today’s time.
- In the infusing tube of the bottle, put 4 guava cubes, all the mint leaves and then remaining 5 guava cubes.
- Fill ¾ of the bottle with water, place the infusing tube in it, close the lid of the bottle tightly and shake it lightly.
- Keep aside to infuse for 2 to 3 hours.
Now that you have new ways of enjoying the delicious guava, explore some more interesting recipes by checking out, Easy Healthy Dessert Recipes With Blueberries