Indian festivities have arrived in full swing with Durga pooja being the most celebrated one especially amongst our bong friends. No Durga Pooja is complete without an array of delicious sweets that you can share with the entire family after a hearty meal. So this Durga pooja whip this delicious traditional bengali sweet dish- payesh.
• 3 tbsp. Nature’s Ambemohor MP Rice
• 2 tsp. ghee
• 1 litre milk
• ½ cup Healthy Alternatives Organic Sugar
• 1 tsp. cardamom powder
• 10 chopped Nature’s Cashew Nuts
• 10 Nature’s Finest Irani Pistachio
• 10 Healthy Alternatives American Almonds
1. Wash the rice and soak in 2 cups of water for 15-20 minutes and drain. Add some ghee in it.
2. Take a heavy bottom skillet and heat the milk. Once the milk starts to boil, add the rice and cook on low heat for around 30-40 minutes. Keep stirring in between. Cook the mixture until rice is nicely cooked and the milk has reduced to almost half.
3. Add sugar and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Add the cardamom powder and mix well.
4. Garnish with cashew nuts, pistachio and almonds. Serve either hot or chilled.
Bitten by the healthy bug and want to take the healthy route instead? Try Easy Healthy Dessert Recipes With Blueberries