Looking for traditional Easter dishes? You’ve come to the right place. Easter is one of the greatest holidays with its own set of customs and traditions and that includes traditional dishes. Impress your guests with these show-stopping recipes for your Easter dinner. From main dishes to traditional sides we have got you sorted. Read on to make these amazing and delicious recipes at home.
1. Cranberry Pineapple Ham
No Easter dinner is complete without some delicious ham. This is a traditional pineapple cranberry glazed ham. Read on to make this lip-smacking recipe at home.
- 4 boneless fully cooked ham
- 1-1/2 tsp. canola oil
- ½ cup jellied cranberry sauce
- ½ cup undrained crushed pineapple
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook ham in oil in batches until browned
- Cook for 3-5 minutes on each side and set aside
- Now, in a saucepan mash the cranberry sauce and stir in the remaining ingredients
- Bring it to boil, cook and stir until slightly thickened for 3-5 minutes
2. Corn Bread
A very simple and easy cornbread recipe which will add a burst of flavour to your Easter dinner. Read on to make this easy side dish and take your traditional dinner a notch higher.
- 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup butter
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius
- Now in a large bowl, beat the – eggs, butter, milk until well mixed
- Add in the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir the mixture until the flour is moistened
- Now, pour the batter in a pan by using a rubber spatula, spread evenly in pan and smooth the top of the batter
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Insert a toothpick in the center to check if done. Serve warm.
3. Traditional Easter Meatloaf
Let your Easter dinner have a conversation piece. This juicy and delicious meatloaf is so flavourful and hits your taste buds just right. Read on to make this traditional Easter meatloaf recipe.
- ¾ pound pork shoulder
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- ½ bread loaf
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup bacon
- 1 large onion
- 1 cup stock
- Pinch of salt
In a large bowl, mix – pork shoulder, eggs, salt and pepper
Now, soak the bread into the milk and squeeze until dry
In a small pan, fry the bacon with the onion until caramelized, not burned
Add the onion and bacon to the meat mixture
Now, heat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius
Shape the meat mixture into a loaf shape and bake in a roasting pan
Now, baste the top of the loaf with the melted lard
Allow baking for 1 to 1 ½ hour or until the thermometer registers to 185 F
4. Pineapple Bread
Make this decadent side dish to go with your mains for your traditional Easter dinner. Read on to make this at home.
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 can crushed pineapple
- ½ cup of butter melted
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 4 cups cubed bread
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius
- Now combine the – sugar, eggs, pineapple, butter, milk and bread cubes
- Bake the batter for 30-35 minutes until the thermometer reaches 160 degrees
- Let it cool down for 10 minutes, garnish with chopped walnuts and then serve.
Make these delicious recipes at home and buy all the ingredients at the Nature’s Basket store now!
Craving for more Easter recipes? Check out DIY Easter eggs!