Holi is here and preparations across the country have already begun. The essence of Holi lies in playing with colours and feasting on delectable treats with friends and family. From lovely gujiyas to dahi vadas and thandai, Holi is all about making your tummy happy. You surely have a list of savoury and sweet dishes ready for your Holi party but have you thought of refreshing drinks for the guests? Read on to make some cooling drinks for your guests this Holi.
1. Almond Thandai
With uninterrupted singing, dancing and playing it is natural for your body to need some fuel to gain your energy back. This delicious and refreshing beverage is made with the richness of protein. Read on to make this slurp-worthy almond thandai.
- ½ tsp. cardamom powder
- 2 tsp. poppy seeds
- 1 tsp. fennel seeds
- 5-6 black peppercorns
- ¾ tsp. saffron
- 1 tsp. roasted sunflower seeds
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 4 cups almonds
- 4 Seedless dates
- Silver leaves for garnish
- In a blender, blend – cardamom powder, poppy seeds, fennel seeds, black pepper, sunflower seeds, nutmeg and dates
- Now, bring the milk to a boil with dates or whichever sugar you’re using
- Add the blended mixture and mix it well
- Now, strain the mixture to remove the particles and strain to make a smooth milk
- Cool and let it refrigerate for one hour or overnight
- Garnish with silver leaves and give it a stir before serving.
2. Iced Jaljeera
This tangy iced jaljeera will take you back to your childhood days. Kids and adults alike are huge fans of this flavourful beverage. Read on to prepare this recipe, this Holi.
- 1 glass ice cold water
- 2 tbsp. coriander paste
- 1-inch ginger piece
- 2 tbsp. mint paste
- 1 lemon juice
- 5 ice cubes
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. roasted cumin powder
- Black salt to taste
- 2 tbsp. dry mango powder
- In a blender, mix all the ingredients until smooth
- Serve ice cold
3. Dry fruit Lassi
Who can say no to a glass full of rich lassi? Make our version of delicious and creamy lassi to please your guests.
- In a bowl, take some curd and whisk with help of whisk until smooth
- Now, add the – sugar, water, milk. Adjust the water according to the consistency you want
- Churn the mixture until foams starts forming on the top
- Now, add cardamom powder to garnish with a few strands of saffron.
4. Aam Panna
A refreshing summer drink made out of raw mango pulp. It is a desi hit which is not only refreshing but also energizing. Read on to make this refreshing summer drink this Holi.
- In a pot, boil the mangoes until they become soft inside and skin gets dis coloured
- When cool, remove the pulp of the mango
- In a blender, blend – mango pulp, sugar, water, salt, cumin powder and blend well
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve.
Sip on these refreshing and cooling drinks while enjoying Holi this year. Buy all the required ingredients at the Nature’s Basket store now!