With all the New Year’s Eve party planning, you’re probably wracking your brains to figure out the best party snacks to serve your guests. This article is all you need to plan the most happening New Year’s Eve party. At Nature’s Basket, we’re not only keeping it extremely delicious, but also super healthy for you. Welcome 2018 with some amazingly appetizing and wholesome party snacks.
1. Bruschetta with Sautéed Mushrooms
This Italian yumminess is sure to get the party started on a delicious note. It’s tasty and healthy, exactly how we like it. The intense flavour of savoury mushrooms on a well-toasted rye bread makes it a simple yet delectable appetizer.
• 1 loaf of L’Exclusif Rye Bread (sliced)
• 3 tbsp. Healthy Alternatives – Pure Olive Oil
• 3 cloves garlic
• 1 pound mixed mushrooms
• Freshly chopped parsley
• Freshly chopped thyme
• Salt and pepper (to taste)
1. Toast your bread in a toaster or on the grill, or if you are lucky enough to own one, an Italian stovetop toaster.
2. In a large pan over medium-high heat, heat 3 tbsp. of olive oil. Once hot, add the garlic and sauté until fragrant. Add the mushrooms, salt and pepper, and another sprinkling olive oil.
3. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for about 10 to 12 minutes, stirring often. Add the parsley and thyme, cook for another 5 minutes.
4. Serve the mushrooms warm, on top of the bread slices, dress with some extra salt, pepper, and extra-virgin olive oil.
2. Deviled Eggs
Check out this easy recipe video for Deviled Eggs and put your aprons on. We all know the beauty of this classic party appetizer, and it’s even better when you put a holiday spin on it. The creamy deliciousness of the egg salad with a host of different flavours topped over it is just what you need to get the party started. Top it up with colourful garnishing to bask in the holiday spirit.
1. Cut the hard-boiled eggs half lengthwise. Gently separate the cooked egg white from the yolk and remove the yolk to a medium bowl.
2. Add mayonnaise, relish, mustard, hot sauce, salt, and pepper to the yolks and mash the mixture until smooth.
3. Fill a piping bag or plastic sandwich bag with yolk mixture. Pipe mixture back into the egg whites and dust it with paprika.
3. Veggie Chips
Who said party snacks can’t be healthy? All you need for a guilt-free party binge is some alternate ingredients for everyone’s favourite – French fries! This super tasty and healthy veggie chips recipe gives you the best of both worlds and we bet your guests will thank you for it when the festive season ends and it is time to get back in shape!
1. Cut the sweet potatoes length-wise into allumette style strips. Place the strips into a bowl and drizzle them with the olive oil. Add rosemary herbs, rock salt, Italian herbs, pepper, and mix well.
2. Cut the carrots into length-wise allumette style strips. Place the strips into a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Add paprika, rock salt, pepper, chopped cilantro, and mix well.
3. Cut the zucchini into allumette style strips, place them into a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. In a separate bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, parmesan, basil, and mix well. Dip the zucchini strips into egg wash and coat them with the breadcrumbs mixture one by one.
4. Place the sweet potatoes, carrots, and zucchini strips onto a grill and bake them at 220 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Once baked well, serve them with the choice of your dip.
4. Cranberry Pistachio Balls
If you’re looking for the perfect holiday appetizer to capture the festive mood, look no further! Cream cheese, cranberry, and orange zest mixture rolled in salty pistachios is exactly the kind of flavourful blast you deserve at your New Year’s Eve bash. These creamy delights served with your favourite crackers will be an instant party hit.
1. Put cream cheese, dried cranberries, orange zest, and salt (to taste) in a bowl and mix them together.
2. Roll the mixture into small balls. Make a mixture of crushed salted pistachios and cranberries. Coat the balls with the mixture.
3. Serve them with salted crackers.
Get all the ingredients you need for all these sumptuous New Year’s Eve party appetizers at the Nature’s Basket store.
Want more ideas to plan the best party snacks platter? Check out these easy finger food ideas for a New Year’s Eve party.