Easter is approaching and it is time to plan your menu in advance! Going to church and hunting for eggs will definitely call on those hunger pangs. As soon as these festivities are over, it is time for more activities – or rather brunch! We’ve given the traditional Easter brunch a makeover – read on for a modern take on Easter brunch.
1. Sweet Potato Fritata
What’s Easter without eggs? So skip the traditional eggs and instead go for a frittata – yes a frittata! This sweet potato frittata is just what you need as the hero egg dish at your Easter brunch. It is perfect for all the health fanatics out there. You could even add some kale in to make it the ultimate healthy dish for Easter!
- 1 sweet potato (peeled)
- 5 Healthy Alternatives Free Range Country Eggs
- 50 grams grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp. flour
- ½ tbsp. mixed dried herbs
- 1 red pepper
- ½ cup peas (cooked)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius and line the baking dish with parchment paper
- Cut the sweet potato into dice sized cubes and microwave for 5 minutes until cooked through
- In a large bowl, crack open the eggs. Add the flour, seasoning, peas and cheese to the mixture.
- Add the sweet potato and diced red peppers to a baking dish. Pour the egg mixture on top and bake or 25 minutes
- Serve hot!
2. Spring Veggie Pizza
How about a pizza for Easter brunch? Yes, a pizza! Skip the classic savoury Easter tart and instead opt for a delicious pizza that makes the most of the delectable spring veggies available at this time of the year.
- 3 cups Gruyere cheese (grated)
- 50 grams. artichoke hearts
- 50 grams. asparagus (cut into 2 inches and halved)
- Pizza base
- 6 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 4 tbsp. pizza sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes
- Combine the artichokes, asparagus and tomatoes into a medium sized bowl
- Add salt to the bowl
- Take a pizza base, evenly spread the pizza sauce on it
- Now place all the toppings on the pizza base
- Generously sprinkle cheese on top
- Set to bake for 15 minutes
3. Banana Muffins
Banana muffins make the perfect addition to your Easter brunch. Read on to make these delectable muffins.
- 3 large ripe bananas
- ½ cup castor sugar
- 1 Healthy Alternative Farm Fresh Egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Line the muffin tin with muffin cups
- Mash the bananas into a smooth paste
- Add sugar, egg and oil until everything is well mixed
- Mix the dry ingredients that is the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients well together
- Fill the cups with the muffin mixture
- Fill them evenly
- Bake the muffins for 25-30 minutes
- Let the muffins cool for 15 minutes
- Serve fresh and hot!
Make these delicious recipes at home and buy all the ingredients only at the Nature’s Basket store now!
Craving for more Easter recipes? Check out Traditional Easter Recipes You Can Make at Home.