Everyone loves Chicken. It is the most consumed meat around the world. This also means that there are many different ways to eat it. From comfort food like indulgent BBQ chicken or fried chicken, to healthy grilled chicken kale salads or roasted chicken! It’s chicken’s versatility that enables you to explore more! We have some ‘finger lickin good’ recipes for you to try!
Chicken with Garlic, Herb Crust and Parmesan
• 2 slices L’exclusif whole-wheat bread
• ¼ cup grated Parmesan (50 gms)
• 1 garlic clove, peeled
• Healthy Alternatives salt
• freshly ground black pepper
• ¼ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
• 2 tablespoons Healthy Alternatives Olive oil
• 4 skinless, boneless chicken-breast halves
• 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1.Heat oven to 200º C.
2.Mince the garlic in a food processor, add the parsley and pulse until combined, about 15-20 seconds. Add the bread, Parmesan, oil, salt, and a bit of black pepper. Mix until well combined.
3.Lightly coat a medium baking dish with vegetable cooking spray.
4.Arrange the Chicken in a baking dish. Spread with the mustard, then pat the crumbs on top.
5.Bake for 20—25 mintutes until cooked. Divide among 4 plates and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Quick Chicken Curry
• cup Healthy Alternatives white rice
• 1 large onion, chopped
• 8 skinless, boneless chicken-breast halves (about 3 pounds), cut into 1-inch pieces
• ½ cup tomato juice
• 2 tablespoons Healthy Alternatives Olive Oil
• 2 tablespoons curry powder (preferably Madras)
• 2 tablespoons chutney
• Healthy Alternatives salt
• ½ red bell pepper, slivered
• 3 scallions, slivered
1.Cook the rice according to the package directions.
2.In a large, deep skillet, cook the onion in the oil over medium heat, stirring, until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
3.Add the curry powder and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Stir in the tomato juice, and chutney and simmer for 2 minutes to blend the flavors.
4.Add the chicken and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Add the salt.
5.Serve the chicken over the rice. Top with bell peppers and scallions.
Garlic Roast Chicken
• 1 6-to 7-pound whole roasting chicken, giblets removed
• 9 sprigs fresh thyme
• 1 lemon, halved
• 4 heads garlic, cloves separated, unpeeled
• 1 cup olives
• Healthy Alternatvies salt
• ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1/3 cup Healthy Alternatives extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 large L’exclusif baguette, thickly sliced
1.Heat oven to 230° C. Gently loosen the chicken skin from the breast meat and place a third of the thyme under the skin. Place another third of the herbs, plus the lemon and a handful of garlic cloves, inside the chicken cavity, and tie the legs together with cooking twine.
2.Place the chicken in a small roasting pan and surround with the remaining herbs, garlic, and olives. Sprinkle the chicken with the salt and pepper and drizzle with the olive oil.
3.Roast the chicken for about 1 1/2 hours, or until the thigh juices run clear when pricked with a fork or an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thigh reads 170° to 175° F. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board, cover loosely with foil, and let it rest for 15 minutes. Skim the fat from the pan juices.
4.Place the chicken on a platter with the roasted olives and garlic and spoon the pan juices over it. Serve with the baguette slices, which will sop up the juices and can be spread with the roasted garlic.
Visit to view our range of Fresh Chicken and do share your recipes with us!