What do you do when you catch the cooking bug and your tummy growls for some instant Italian flavours to devour? If it was up to us, our go-to favourite would be the creamiest pasta ever known to humanity. So, bring out the wine and the cheese because these 4 mouth-watering alfredo recipes are about to blow your taste buds away!
1. Olive Garden Fettuccine Alfredo
This olive garden fettuccine alfredo pasta is sure to plant a love for Italian cuisine in your heart! Oozing with cheese, the Alfredo pasta pairs well with some fancy wine to impress your date.
• 1⁄2 cup of butter
• 2 tablespoons of cream cheese
• 1 pint of heavy cream
• 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
• Healthy Alternatives Organic Whole Black Pepper
• 2⁄3 cup of parmesan cheese, grated
• 1lb of fettuccine, cooked as per package directions
1. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and then add the cream cheese, once the butter melts.
2. When the cream cheese is softened, add the heavy cream and season with some garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
3. Simmer for 15-20 minutes over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove it from the heat and stir in the parmesan cheese.
4. Serve the alfredo sauce over some hot fettucine noodles.
2. One Pot Chicken Alfredo
This one pot chicken alfredo is everything you have been dreaming about. Give your palette a taste of heaven with a creamy twist!
• 2 tbsp. Healthy Alternatives Pure Olive Oil
• 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
• Freshly ground Healthy Alternatives Organic Whole Black Pepper
• 1 1/2 cup of whole milk
• 1 1/2 cup of chicken stock
• 2 cloves of garlic, minced
• 8 oz. fettuccini
• 1/2 cup of heavy cream
• 1 cup of parmesan, freshly grated
• Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnishing
1. In a skillet over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook until it is golden and no longer pink, 8 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate to rest, then slice.
2. Add milk, chicken stock and garlic to the same pan. Season this mixture with salt and pepper and bring it to a simmer. Add the pasta, stirring frequently for about 3 minutes. Let it cook for about 8 minutes more.
3. Add the cream and the parmesan and stir until they are combined. Simmer for 2 more minutes, or until the sauce thickens, and season again with salt and pepper.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the sliced chicken. Serve immediately with some parsley.
3. Glutenfree Alfredo
Who says you can’t whip an absolutely scrumptious yet healthy alfredo dish for dinner? Try this Glutenfree alfredo recipe for a delightful vegan meal.
• 1 small head of cauliflower, chopped (about 3 heaping cups)
• 2 tablespoons of Healthy Alternatives Pure Olive Oil
• 2 cloves of garlic, smashed and minced
• 2 teaspoons of Healthy Alternatives Pine Nuts
• 2¼ cup of almond milk
• 2 teaspoons of each: salt, pepper, oregano and basil
• Juice of half a lemon
• Healthy Alternatives Spinach Glutenfree Fusilli Pasta, cooked as per pack directions
• ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast
1. In a medium-sized pot, cook the olive oil, the garlic and the pine nuts over medium heat for 3–4 minutes, or until the garlic turns golden brown in colour.
2. Add in the almond milk and bring the mixture to a boil.
3. Reduce the heat to medium and add the cauliflower and spices and cook until the cauliflower is soft (about 8 minutes).
4. Transfer to a high-powered blender and add in the lemon juice and the nutritional yeast and blend on high until this mixture turns smooth.
5. Add the sauce over the cooked gluten-free pasta and top with some fresh basil.
4. Cajun Salmon Alfredo
Get your spice on with this Cajun seafood alfredo recipe. This is must-try dish for every seafood lover to devour on those bright, summer days.
• 12 ounces of pasta of your choice
• 3/4-pound of salmon fillet
• Cajun seasoning
• 1 tablespoon of butter
• 1 tablespoon of flour
• 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
• 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper, or more to taste
• 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
• 1/4 teaspoon of salt
• 2 cups of milk
• 1/3 cup of parmesan cheese
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
2. Lightly season the salmon with the Cajun seasoning. Cook it on the stovetop for 3-5 minutes per side until the fish is still slightly rare in the center.
3. Cook the pasta according to package directions, drain it, and set it aside.
4. While the pasta and the fish cooks, melt the butter in a large skillet and add the flour, and whisk it until a smooth paste is formed. Very slowly add the milk, about 1/4 cup at a time, whisking constantly until it smoothens.
5. Add the garlic powder, cayenne, cilantro, and salt and stir. Continue cooking and stirring until the sauce gets bubbly and thickens.
6. Add the cheese to the sauce and reduce the heat to medium-low. Stir until the cheese has melted.
7. When the fish is cooked, shred into about 2″ pieces. Add the fish to the sauce, and very gently stir it to combine. Serve over the pasta, or add the cooked pasta into skillet with the sauce and gently toss to coat.
Ready to alfredo your way to some pasta? Get your ingredients here.
Looking for some healthy pasta alternatives? These Gluten free pastas are sure to change your life! Check them out here.