Versatile, inexpensive and packed with protein, an egg is an ingredient to always have on hand in the refrigerator. Eggs are a great way to start a day and we often limit them to only breakfast. But eggs can be the star for the dinner as well. Let us show you 3 ways in which you can make this action-packed ingredient for your dinner meals.
1. Egg Fried Rice
Egg fried rice is easy to prepare and everyone loves it! Have it with a gravy or serve it as a meal of its own, either way, this dish is always great to relish.
- 1 Healthy Alternatives Free Range Country
- 2 tsp. Healthy Alternatives Cold Pressed
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 200 gms cooked Healthy Alternatives Organic Brown Basmati Rice
- 100 gms peas
- 4 finely chopped spring onions
- 100 gms bean sprouts
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- Grounded Healthy Alternatives Organic White Pepper Whole
- Beat the egg with the sesame oil and put to one side.
- In a large frying pan, heat the vegetable oil. When it’s shimmering and almost smoking, add the rice and stir-fry for about 3-4 minutes until completely heated.
- Add the peas, spring onions and bean sprouts. Stir-fry by turning the rice constantly around the pan, for about 3 minutes. Season well with soy sauce and pepper, then push to one side of the pan. Pour the beaten egg mixture into the other side and leave for about 10 seconds so it begins to set. Now using a chopstick, briskly swirl around the egg to break it up and then toss around with the rice. Stir-fry for a further minute and then serve straight away.
2. The Grilled Cheese Explosion
Are you on the lookout for light dinner meals always? Well then, this one is just for you!
- 2 slices L’exclusif Sliced Loaf Bread
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 Healthy Alternatives Free Range Country Eggs
- Ground Healthy Alternatives Organic Black Pepper Whole
- 2 slices Cheddar Cheese
- Using a small empty can, cut a circle in the centre of the bread slice. Then, melt half of the butter in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the bread slices and break an egg into each, seasoning with salt and pepper and cook, until golden brown on the bottom side.
- Add the remaining butter and carefully flip both slices of bread, making sure the eggs don’t break. Add a cheese slice on top of each bread slice. Cook until golden brown on the second side. Make a sandwich by closing both the bread slices and continue to cook until eggs are half-cooked and the cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
3. Methi Egg Curry
Find yourself craving for some delicious Indian cuisine for dinner? Methi Egg Curry indeed becomes a promising dinner dish that you could relish with chapatis or rice and get some protein as well!
- 6 Healthy Alternatives Free Range Country Eggs
- ¾ cup chopped Methi
- 2 roughly chopped onion
- 3 tomato
- 1 ginger
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 chopped green chilli
- ½ tsp. Healthy Alternatives Organic Cumin Seeds
- ½ tsp. Healthy Alternatives Organic Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp. Healthy Alternatives Organic Red Chili Powder
- 2 tsp. Healthy Alternatives Organic Coriander Powder
- ¼ tsp. Grounded Healthy Alternatives Organic Fennel powder
- 2 tbsp. Oil
- In a mixer grinder put onions, ginger, garlic, green chilli and beat it three times. Then make the paste of the tomatoes separately.
- Heat the oil in a pan. When it becomes hot, add cumin seeds and onion mixture. Sauté until brown.
- Add tomato paste, salt and all the masalas. Sauté till the oil separates.
- Add methi leaves and cook it for 3 minutes. Then add 2 cups of water for the gravy and let it come to a boil. Cover and cook for 5 minutes till the gravy becomes thick.
- Meanwhile, prick on eggs with a fork. Add eggs to the gravy and mix well.
- Serve hot with chapatti or rice!
So now that you are all sorted with your dinner plans, lets us help you with some breakfast ideas. Check out Healthy Indian Breakfast Recipes.