Love sandwiches and ice cream too? Why not grab an ice cream sandwich! Though it is a very simple dessert, just a block of ice cream between two cookies or biscuits, it can be quite refreshing on a warm day. But why stop on a boring old store-bought ice cream sandwich? Get creative with your ice cream sandwich with the fun new recipes given below.
- Fruity Pebbles Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 3 tbsp. butter, plus more for greasing
- 10 oz. bag mini marshmallows
- 6 c. Fruity Pebbles
- 4 large scoops of vanilla ice cream
- Grease a medium sheet pan with butter. In a large saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted and smooth. Remove from heat and quickly stir in cereal until well coated.
- Using wax paper or spatula, press mixture into sheet pan until about 1/2″ thick. Let cool for at least 20 minutes.
- Using a cookie or biscuit cutter, punch out 8 rounds. Place 1 big scoop of ice cream on four rounds and sandwich with remaining rounds.
- Freeze until ready to serve.
2. Peppermint Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 lb. Sugar cookie dough
- 3 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- Crushed candy canes
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees C. Form 1 kg sugar cookie dough into 1 tablespoon balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake until lightly golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cool, place a giant scoop of vanilla ice cream onto one cookie and sandwich with another cookie. Roll in lightly crushed candy canes and freeze until firm.
3. S’mores Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 graham cracker
- 1 scoop chocolate or vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 c. toasted mini marshmallows
- Chocolate sauce, for drizzling
- Break graham crackers in half so you have two squares. Scoop ice cream onto one square and top with toasted marshmallows.
- Close the sandwich with the remaining graham cracker square and drizzle with chocolate sauce.
4. Double Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Place chocolate chip cookies flat side up on a small parchment baking sheet. Separate halves of Oreos and place one half on each cookie. Using a medium ice cream scoop, scoop ice cream onto every other cookie. Top with the other half of the oreo and chocolate chip cookie. Place in the freezer to firm up, 30 minutes to an hour.
- Combine chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium power for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between until chocolate is completely melted. Let cool slightly, 5 minutes.
- Dip the ice cream sandwiches in melted chocolate and serve immediately or return them to the freezer and serve as needed.
There you have simple and easy ice cream sandwiches that you can easily prepare at home. Get your hands on some of the exquisite ice creams from Nature’s Basket.
Are you looking for more such fun desserts? You can check out the best and the easiest tiramisu recipe ever.