Cold cuts are probably the most ignored heroes of lunchtime. When you think of cold cuts, you probably imagine sandwiches, but there is way more that you can do with them. Here are some dishes with cold cuts you are sure to enjoy.
Spinach salad with warm onions and crispy salami
• 2 tablespoons Healthy Alternatives Olive Oil
• 1 tablespoon L’exclusif Whole Grain Mustard
• 2 bunches spinach, thick stems removed (about 8 cups)
• Healthy Alternatives kosher salt and black pepper
• ½ red onion, sliced into rounds
• ¼ pound hard salami, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
• 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
• 1 tablespoon Healthy Alternatives Honey
1.Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the salami and cook, stirring occasionally, until brown for 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel–lined plate.
3. Add vinegar, mustard, honey, the remaining tablespoon of oil, and ¼ teaspoon each, of salt and pepper to the skillet. Whisk to combine.
4. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until it begins to soften (approximately 3 to 4 minutes.) Then, add the salami.
5. Divide the spinach into 4 individual plates and place the onion and salami over the top. Serve with the eggs, if desired.
Cold cut and cheese calzone
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Take the kneaded dough and roll it out using plenty of flour on a flat surface with a rolling pin to the size 12” x 16” approximately.
3. Place the Mozzarella cheese in the center of the dough followed by ricotta, salami, prosciutto, oregano, chilli flakes and garlic.
4. Fold the dough over each side till the middle and fold it in the ends.
5. Lightly coat with olive oil on both sides and flip over onto a cookie sheet.
6. Put it in the oven to bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until golden.
Cold cut cheese rolls
1.Make a tight roll with the ham.
2. Roll the bologna strip around the ham.
3. Roll the cheese around the bologna.
4. Roll the pepperoni strip around the cheese.
5. Pierce with a toothpick to hold the roll together and enjoy.
View our entire range of gourmet cold cuts here.