Sunday is a day meant to sit back and relax. A day where you can enjoy your favourite meals all day long with your loved ones. We at Nature’s Basket have brought to you our Sunday special breakfast menu with chicken salami and sausages. Keep on reading to enjoy this delicious breakfast over the weekend.
- Chicken Salami Baskets
- 6 chicken salami slices
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup mushrooms
- ½ cup red bell peppers
- ½ cup yellow capsicum
- ½ cup spring onions
- 2 slit green chillies
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by lining your muffin trays with chicken salami slices
- Now, saute all the veggies on a small pan
- Next, fill the moulds with sauteed veggies mushrooms, red & yellow capsicum spring onions & green chillies
- Now, pour the beaten egg on top of the veggies
- Top it off with grated cheese and garnish with some chopped cilantro
- Bake in the preheated oven at 190 C for 10 mins
- Once done, slowly remove from the muffin tray and serve hot with toast.
2. Bacon-Wrapped Sausages
- Preheat t oven to 400 F.
- Cut the bacon slices in half, crosswise, to make short strips
- Fry the bacon in a large pan over medium heat until some of the fat is rendered but the bacon is still pliable
- Do not let the bacon get crispy or you won’t be able to wrap it around the sausages
- Place the bacon on paper towels and cool it down for five minutes
- Wrap each sausage with a piece of the precooked bacon and secure with a toothpick
- Place the sugar in a bowl and roll each little sausage and bacon bundle in it. Place the sausages on a wire rack
- Place the rack in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan lined with foil or a parchment paper
- Drizzle the maple syrup over the sausages and sprinkle with the pepper
- Bake the bacon-wrapped sausages for 25 to 35 minutes, or until the sausages are hot and the bacon is crispy
- Now, remove the rack from the baking pan and cool the wrapped sausage bundles for 4 to 5 minutes before serving
- Always use the wire rack because the drippings that come from the bacon and sugar burn easily; keeping the sausages away from the drippings avoids them burning, too
- Serve with sauces of your liking and enjoy!
3. Scrambled Eggs with Sausage
- Place sausage in a large, deep skillet
- Now, cook them over medium-high heat until evenly brown
- Drain and chop into bite-size pieces; set aside
- While sausage is cooking, beat eggs and milk together
- On a medium pan, add in the beaten eggs mixture and allow it to cook for 2 minutes
- While the eggs are runny add in the cheese and remove from the heat
- Make sure you give a good stir to the eggs mixture and they turn out to be light and fluffy
- Serve with the sausages alongside a glass of fresh fruit juice!
Are you looking for more breakfast recipes? Check out Ways To Cook Eggs for Breakfast.