Whether it’s for a weekend treat or an indulgence meal on a stressful Wednesday, comfort foods are always there to rescue your day! We at Nature’s Basket have listed down some easy to make mouth-watering recipes that will surely be yummy for your tummy and uplift your mood.
1. Pizza flavoured Fries
When American fast-food flavours meet the delicacy of Italy’s gourmet, one can expect the most indulging fusion meal of the century. Everyone’s childhood favourite ‘fries’, when combined with melting pizza sauce and cheese, makes for an unforgettable combination. This fusion recipe is extremely easy to make even for beginners and will leave you craving for just some more.
- 1 packet McCains Masala Fries
- ½ saucepan Frying Oil
- 2 cups pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp oregano
1. In a deep saucepan, add the frying oil and let it boil for 2-3 minutes
2. Fry the McCain masala fries in the oil until they turn golden brown
3. In a baking dish add the piping hot fries, pour the pizza sauce on top along with mozzarella cheese
4. Garnish with chilli flakes and oregano
5. Bake at 250C for 10 minutes and consume within 4-5 hours as fries tend to become dry if kept for a long time.
Special tip: Top the fries with your choice of exotic vegetables to make it more flavourful.
2. Penne Rigate Pasta with Italy’s best pasta sauces
Who doesn’t love pasta? But getting the right restaurant-quality cheesy taste is a task! The good news is, we’ve cracked this for you. Penne rigate pasta is tube-shaped and due to its length and hard surface, this pasta type blends in with all the best pasta sauces.
- 4 cups boiled penne rigate pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil for cooking
- 2 cups traditional pasta sauce or mushroom pasta sauce
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- ½ cup of water
- In a non-stick pan, add the olive oil and bring to boil
- Add your choice of pasta sauce (from the two options mentioned above) and cook for 2 minutes
- Add the cream cheese, water and cook for another minute
- Add the pasta and cook for 5 minutes
- In a baking tray spread out the pasta, sprinkle cheddar cheese and bake it at 250C for 5 minutes
- Serve hot.
Special tip: Mix up both the sauces or cook the pasta separately in both sauces and layer them on top of one another before baking. This yields more variety and a fusion taste.
3. Veggie Soup for the Healthy Soul
Do you fancy a healthy soup on a monsoon evening over paneer ‘pakodas’? Then we have the perfect recipe for you! This veggie soup recipe is quick, apt for cold days and super tasty!
- 2 cups chopped and boiled mixed vegetables (French beans, shredded cabbage, potato, carrot)
- 1 cup deseeded chopped tomato
- 1 tbsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp cheese
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 4 cups of water
- In a non-stick pan, add the oil and bring to boil
- Add the 2 cups of mixed vegetables and tomato and sauté for 7 minutes
- Add the 4 cups of water, salt, black pepper and cover the lid for 2 minutes
- Garnish with shredded cheese and serve hot.
Special tip: For a creamier flavour add the white sauce with half the quantity of water. Pair with garlic bread or some yummy appetisers for a complete meal.
4. Chocolaty Peanut Toast
Looking for a savoury- sweet treat? We’ve got you covered! This ultimate crunchy chocolate recipe not only fills the tummy but also one’s heart.
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 4 pieces of centre half-cut Cadbury Fruit & Nut
- 2 bread slices
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- Toast the bread till it turns hard from all surfaces
- Apply peanut butter on one slice
- Top it with the Cadbury pieces and apply a layer of cream cheese on top
- Close the sandwich with the other toast piece and take your first bite.
Special tip: To make it even sweeter in taste, drizzle the top piece of the bread with chocolate sauce.
Get all the ingredients for your weekend indulgence at Nature’s Basket store!
For a lot of foodies’ sugar cravings is a must for their comfort food list. Check out Our Most Excellent Cheesecake Cravings for All Cheesecake Lovers!