All spice lovers, assemble! We have brought you some exciting spicy recipes to indulge this winter season. From homemade chilli dip to chilli chicken we have got you covered. Chilli can taste really good if you use it with the right proportion and infuse the flavour. These basic homemade chilli recipes are a step to heaven for all the spice lovers! Read on to give your spicy taste buds a hint of some deliciousness.
- Chilly Chicken
The most popular dish across and the easiest as well. It can be prepared in various ways but this recipe is surely going to be your favourite to cook!
- 250 gms of chicken
- 1 ½ tsp of red chilli sauce
- 1 ½ tsp of soya sauce
- ¼ tsp of pepper powder
- 2 to 3 tbsp. of cornflour
- 1 ½ to 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp of red chilli powder
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- 1 egg white
1. Start by slicing the chicken into half to keep it juicy and succulent and to prevent from drying up
2. Add the chicken into the mixing bowl and ensure it is drained completely
3. Now, in the mixing bowl, combine the soy sauce, chilli sauce, pepper and red chilli powder with a pinch of salt
4. Sprinkle the cornflour and plain flour and add the chicken into the egg mixture
5. Allow it to set aside until you prep your other ingredients and the sauce
6. Now, cube the onions and bell pepper by separating the layers along with the green chillies
7. Prepare the sauce bowl, add dry ingredients to the bowl and pour water into it
8. In a deep frying pan, heat some oil and grilled at 120 celsius for 20 to 25 minutes
9. Check if the oil is hot enough by gently sliding a small quantity of batter to heat the oil
10. Now, add the chicken cubes one by one without crowding the pan
11. When the chicken is cooked completely and bubbles in the oil will begin to reduce
12. For that extra crisp chicken, re-fry the chicken and serve hot!
2. Homemade Chilli Dip
Classic homemade chilli can be the center of the table. If you are a chilli lover this recipe is something you are absolutely going to love!
- 1/2 kg meat
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup of kidney beans
- 1 ½ cups of water
- 1 pinch of chilli powder
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the beef and onion and saute until meat is browned and onion is tender
- Now, add the stewed tomatoes with juice, tomato sauce, beans and water
- Season with chili powder, garlic powder, salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Allow it to boil, reduce heat to low, cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
Prepare these recipes and buy all the ingredients at Nature’s Basket now!