It’s cold outside and what better way to warm up than with a Christmas cocktail? Here, we’ve rounded up our all-time favourite, easy Christmas cocktails to serve to your friends and family this season. Whether you just need something with which to wash down all those Christmas cookies or you’re looking for a more sophisticated recipe to serve at your annual Christmas party, we’ve probably got just the thing somewhere on our list. There are so many reasons to whip up a batch of divine winter drinks, after all. But it’s also a gorgeous accompaniment to the rest of your Christmas dinner menu, and the perfect, grown-up companion for a batch of gingerbread cookies! From Christmas pun-inspired names to irresistible, original flavours and even upgrades to classic cocktails you already know and love, there’s something here for just about everyone. Cheers to you.
1. Non-Alcoholic Mulled Wine
Did someone mention wine? Yeah, you read that right this non-alcoholic mulled wine is a perfect cocktail to celebrate your Christmas with.
- 500 ml pomegranate juice
- 25 gm golden caster sugar
- Handful of frozen blackberries
- 250 ml apple juice
- 1 star anise
- 4 cloves
- 3 black peppercorns
- 1 orange, quartered
- Put the pomegranate juice, sugar, blackberries and apple juice in a saucepan
- Add the cinnamon, star anise, cloves, peppercorns, and orange
- Heat gently until simmering
- Taste for sweetness, then strain into heatproof glasses
- Chill and serve!
2. Spiced Apple SyrupWith Clementine & Cloves
The goodness of apple and cinnamon in a drink? Oh, yes! We bet you’re going to love this. Read on to get your Christmas drink sweet and spicy.
- 200 ml apple juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp. whole all spice
- 1 mace blade
- 2 whole cloves
- A small strip of ginger
- 1 clementine
- 100 gm golden caster sugar
- Heat the apple juice with the whole spices, ginger, zest and sugar
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 mins
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool, then strain the syrup into a small bottle.
3. Pear and Rose Punch
Treat party guests to our fabulous pear, apple and rose mocktail. Garnish the punch bowl with redcurrants to make a stunning alcohol-free drink.
- 1 pear juice
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 tbsp. golden castor sugar
- 4 cardamom pods
- Few slices of ginger
- 25 ml raw apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp. rose water
- 250 ml of sparkling water
- Rosemary springs
- Thyme leaves picked
- Sliced red pear
- Pour the pear juice into a large pan
- Add the vanilla pod, golden caster sugar, cardamom pods, and root ginger, then bring to a simmer
- Leave to cool completely, then strain into a punch bowl or jug
- Add the raw apple cider vinegar, rosewater and sparkling water
- Garnish with rosemary sprigs, thyme, sliced red pear and a handful of frozen redcurrants
- Add ice and serve.
4. Holiday PomegranteMojito
- 3 tbsp. pomegranate seeds
- A big bunch of mint
- 2 limes, quartered, plus slices to garnish
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 500 ml lemonade
- A day ahead, divide the pomegranate seeds between the holes in an ice cube tray, top up with water and freeze
- Reserve half the mint for serving, and tear the rest into a large jug with the lime quarters
- Using a rolling pin, bash the mint and lime to release the flavours
- Add the pomegranate juice and lemonade
- Put ice cubes in each glass, then strain over the pomegranate mix through a small sieve
- Garnish with lime slices and more mint!
Prepare these delicious Christmas cocktails at home for your upcoming Christmas feast and impress your guests!
Loved these? Check out Thanksgiving Tradition and Treats