A crispy and juicy roast chicken is always mesmerizing to look at. But, even better to taste! From the very tender strips of chicken breast to the extremely luscious chicken legs. Wouldn’t you like to know how to make it taste even better the next day?
At nature’s basket, we always believe in using fresh ingredients for everyday cooking. But what do you do with the leftover chicken from your spicy chicken curry at lunch? We will show you how to turn your leftover chicken from lunch/dinner into a delicious treat for your next meal. Utilize your leftover chicken without giving up on the freshness of your meal!
This dish is far from your average pasta. And it will put your leftover chicken to good use.
Ingredients (serves 6)
• 8 large egg yolks
• ½ cup chopped walnuts, toasted
• 2 tsp of Healthy Alternatives olive oil
• 4 oz of thinly sliced pancetta
• 2 tsp of garlic, minced
• 2 ½ cups of whipped cream
• 1 cup of Parmesan, freshly grated
• ¼ cup fresh Italian parsley leaves, chopped
• 1 lb(s) of spaghetti
• Freshly ground black pepper
• ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
• 1 tbsp of lemon peel, finely grated
• 4 cups of chicken coarsely shredded
1.Heat the oil in a heavy large frying pan over medium heat. Add the pancetta and garlic and saute until it is brown and crisp. This would take about 8 minutes. Cool slightly.
2. Take a large bowl and mix the cream, cheese, yolks, basil, and parsley together in order to make it blend.
3. Bring a large pot and fill it with water. Add salt and leave to a boil over high heat. Add the spaghetti and cook until it is just tender, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes. Drain.
4. Add the chicken to the pan with the pancetta and stir to combine. Then add the spaghetti and the cream mixture and toss over medium-low heat. Make sure the mixture coats the chicken thoroughly.
5. Season the pasta with pepper and salt, to taste.
6. Serve hot and sprinkle the walnuts and lemon zest over.
Firecracker Chicken Noodle Salad
Fill your lunchbox with this fiery Asian-inspired salad. With the mix of chili, mint, and lime, this salad will certainly give you a zesty taste and will leave you craving for more.
Ingredients (serves 2)
• ¼ of a cucumber
• 1 tablespoon of coriander oil
• 50g of rice noodles
• 1 baby gem lettuce
• 100g of cooked chicken
• A small handful of Healthy Alternatives organic sugar
• a few sprigs of fresh mint
• 1 pinch of mixed seeds
• 1 carrot
Sweet chili and lime dressing
• 1 tablespoon of sweet chili sauce
• ½ tablespoon of low-salt soy sauce
• ½ tablespoon of honey
• 1 lime
1.Cook the noodles. Shred the chicken, chop the cucumber and shave the carrot into ribbons using a speed-peeler.
2. Shred the lettuce, finely chop the sugar snaps and the mint leaves. Lightly toast the mixed seeds.
3. Combine the chicken, noodles and coriander oil in a bowl. Add all the remaining salad ingredients, and place in your lunchbox and keep chilled.
4. Place the sweet chili sauce, soy, and honey in a container. Squeeze in the lime juice, and shake well.
Chicken and Wild Rice Salad Pitas
This pita bread stuffed with leftover chicken and rice, along with healthy greens, is definitely a step-up for your appetite.
• 2 cups cooked and diced chicken
• ½ cup wild rice
• lettuce leaves
• Salt and black pepper
• 2 8-inch (20-cm) pita bread, halved
• ¼ cup dried cranberries, chopped
• ¼ cup sour cream
• 2 Tbsp fresh chives, chopped
• 2 tbsp mayonnaise
1.In a small pan, cook the rice in salted water until tender. Add the cranberries and cook. Drain and rinse under cold water.
2. In a bowl, combine the rice and cranberries with mayonnaise, chives, chicken, and sour cream. Add the seasoning.
3. Carefully open the pita bread and fill with the chicken salad and lettuce.
Sriracha Chicken Salad Sandwich
Everything with Sriracha tastes 100 times better. Especially when it’s added on to the pan-fried chicken breast along with some fresh lettuce, mayo, and other condiments. Make this your unforgettable weeknight meal that you will want to devour time over time.
1.Boil water in a big pot. Add the chicken breast and wait until it is no longer pink in the middle.
2. Shred the chicken into thin shreds
3. Assemble the sandwich. Add the condiments.
Whether it be a snack at home or a meal to-go, this quesadilla is perfect for any situation. Surprise your taste buds with the rich taste of cheese and jalapeño as they blend in with the juicy chicken.
1.In a small bowl, mix the chicken, cheese, cumin, and jalapeño together.
2. Warm a medium pan on medium heat.
3. Spread the chicken mixture over 1 tortilla and top with the other, pressing down. Cook until golden brown and crispy, should take about 4 minutes.
4. Carefully flip and cook 3 to 4 minutes longer.
5. Leave it to cool and serve with salsa.
Can’t wait to try these recipes? Get your ingredients here
Add a healthy side dish to your entrée with this crunchy kale salad.