We know you’ve been binging on Game of Thrones a lot these past few days. What if we told you that you could binge on Game of Thrones recipes as well? Amp up your fan game with these quick and easy recipes! Totally psyched for the finale this weekend? Why not arrange a GOT themed screening party for your friends and family and get lost in a word of pigeon pies, snow, dragons, sourdough bread, and wine with these Game of Thrones inspired dishes?
1. Breakfast at Winterfell
The long night is coming, and you must be well-fed for it. Ring this traditional, filling Winterfell breakfast in while watching Game of Thrones and be the ultimate fan.
• 6 strips of bacon
• 4 slicesof L’Exclusif Olive Focaccia Bread
• 2 mint tea bags
1. Toast your bread and butter it or add jam or honey, as per your preference.
2. Cook your bacon as per your preference. Once done, keep it warm in a foil paper.
3. For your eggs, bring water to boil in a pan. Boil the eggs for 4 minutes and take them out.Run them through cold water to stop the egg from cooking more. Take out the egg and cut it in half.
4. Put water in a kettle and bring it to a boil. Let the mint tea rest in it for a few minutes.
5. Start serving on a plate. Put the bread on one side, bacon on another and eggs and a block of cheese on the side. Serve the hot tea in a rugged glass and keep the winter away.
2. Sansa’s Lemon Bites
We all know Sansa loves lemon cakes, but ever wondered what the hype is all about? Dig into this easy sweet treat for an evening or a late-night snack to solve the mystery.
• 3 tsp butter, heated
• 1/4 scoopof Healthy Alternatives Refined Sugar
• A pinch of saffron
• 1 1/4 cup of Healthy Alternatives Organic Wheat Maida, sifted
• Juice of one lemon
• 1 tsp of Healthy Alternatives Floral Blend Honey
• Zest from one lemon
• 1/2 Tspbaking sodadissolved in 1 tsp of hot water
• 1/4 Tsp each salt
• 2 sliced lemons for garnish
1.Take the butter and sugar in a bowl. Whisk them until the mixture becomes smooth. Put the egg yolks in and beat some more. Add the dissolved baking soda, lemon zest, salt, cloves, and nutmeg. Stir again and add the flour. Knead gently and make a ball of dough.
2. Spread the dough evenly on a surface with a baking parchment on it, be sure to keep it evenly sized. Now cut the spread dough into pieces and poke some holes in the dough. Transfer the dough along with the parchment into a baking dish and bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes. Do not let them brown. Take the dish out and let it cool.
3. Put honey and lemon juice in a low heat pan. Let it cool. Brush it on top of the baked lemon cakes to give them a fresh flavour.
4. Serve on a plate with some lemon pieces as a garnish.
3. Kale-eesie Chocolate Chip Cookies
What better way to pay homage to your favourite TV show than to bake some delicious smelling, hot-from-the-oven cookies? These crumbly kale-eesie chocolate chip cookies taste shockingly good! Trust us, these are bound to become your comfort food munchies for those unexpected spoilers.
• 1 cup Oat flour, loosely packed (125g)
• 1/2 tsp. baking soda
• 1/4 tsp. salt
• 1/2 cup of organic raw sugar
• 1/3 cup of L’Exclusif Chocolate Chips
• 2 tbsp. milk of choice
• 2 tbsp. oil (24g)
• 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
• 1 cup of raw kale, no stems
1.Preheat oven to 325 F and process the kale or dice it extremely fine.
2. Combine all the dry ingredients except kale in a medium bowl, then stir in the remaining ingredients to form a dough.
3. It will be dry at first, so keep stirring until a cookie-dough texture is achieved. (Add 1 additional tbsp milk of choice only if needed.)
4. Roll the dough into balls. Place on a cookie tray, and bake for about 11 minutes. They will look underdone.
5. Remove from the oven anyway, and let them cool for about 10 minutes, during which time they will firm up.
4. Winter Is Coming Cocktail
Winter is coming and when you will run out of ale, so better keep rum on hand! Try this simple, icy evening cocktail to gather up the courage for the next episode.
• Crushed ice
• One part coconut rum
• Two parts original pineapple juice
• Lemon to squeeze
1.Take a martini glass and fill it halfway with 2-3 ice cubes. Pour one part of the coconut rum in it.
2. Add two parts pineapple juice. Stir it.
3. Fill the entire remaining part with crushed ice. Squeeze lemon on top.