Unless Joey is your spirit animal, you’d love sharing your food with your BFFs, right? It’s always fun to watch who grabs the last slice of pizza or to share a meal with your buddy. This Friendships day we thought of sharing some food ideas that you can create on this day or just any day. If you want to surprise your friends, send them food – because good food = a good mood! Here are some super delicious and fun foods that you and your friends can share.
- Crispy Chicken Wings
The best way to have fun while eating chicken wings is, to get into a competition with your friends.
- ¾ cup cornstarch, divided
- 2 lb chicken wings, rinsed and patted dry
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ⅔ cup water
- Peanut or vegetable oil, for frying
- Ranch or blue cheese dip, for serving
- 1 stalk celery sticks, for serving, cut into sticks
- In a bowl, toss ¼ cup (30 grams) of cornstarch and the chicken wings together until fully coated
- Transfer the wings to a wire rack and let rest and dry out for 20 minutes, ideally in the fridge if you have space
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining ½ cup of cornstarch, the flour, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne, baking powder, salt, and pepper
- Gradually whisk in the water, breaking up any lumps and mixing until smooth. The batter should be slightly runny
- Heat the oil in a large pot until it reaches 350°F
- Coat chicken wings in the batter, shaking off any excess. Add the wings to the oil in batches, cooking for 8-10 minutes until golden brown
- Transfer the chicken wings with a wire rack set over a paper towel-lined baking sheet
- Transfer the chicken to a clean bowl and drizzle with the buffalo sauce, tossing to coat
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve with either ranch or blue cheese dressing and celery sticks
2. Loaded Cheese Fries
- 28 oz frozen steak fries
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- fresh or pickled jalapeño slices, optional
- 1/3 cup sour cream, optional
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Now, cut the potatoes in half and then into the fries shape
- Sprinkle with seasoned salt and toss to coat. Bake according to package directions.
- Once fries are baked, remove from oven and immediately top with both kinds of shredded cheese and return to oven until cheese has melted about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with crumbled bacon, green onions, scallions and jalapeño slices.
- Drizzle with sour cream or serve with sour cream on the side for dipping.
Are you looking for more such recipes? You can check out 5 best wines to celebrate with your loved one.