Mango sticky rice is one of the most popular desserts in Thailand. It makes for a cool dessert in the summer heat. Make your own mango sticky rice using this recipe.
For the rice:
For the toppings:
1.Rinse the sticky rice 6 – 10 times, making sure most of the starch gets removed and you’re left with clear water. Then soak the rice submerged in water for about 6 hours.
2. Cook the rice for 15-20mins and then set aside.
3. In a pot, add 800 ml. coconut cream on medium heat, and keep stirring. Add 150 gms. sugar and 1 tsp. salt, and keep stirring until fully dissolved. When the coconut cream mixture comes to a boil, turn off the heat.
4. Put the fresh sticky rice into a mixing bowl, and begin to slowly add in the coconut cream and sugar mixture. Combine all the ingredients together and you sticky rice is ready. Put this bowl in the fridge for an hour to cool.
5. In a separate sauce pan add the other portion of coconut cream and salt, and stir on low heat. Bring the mixture to a boil, then turn off the heat, and set aside in a bowl. This will be served alongside the mango sticky rice as a topping.
6. (Optional) In a frying pan, using low heat, dry fry the yellow mung beans for a few minutes until they turn golden crispy. Again, set this aside as a topping.
7. For the mango, first peel the skin, then cut the fruit from either side of the mango seed, and slice the mango into large bite sized pieces.
8. On a plate, first add a portion of sticky rice, top it with mango, sprinkle on some mung beans, and serve the extra coconut cream on the side.
Get all your ingredients to make this delicious dessert only at www.naturesbasket.co.in