How much chocolate is too much chocolate? Every ounce of chocoholic inside you is ready to have chocolate any time of the day! Chocolate cake is one such dish that can be made in many different ways, but what remains classic, is the basic chocolate cake! We at Nature’s Basket have brought to you the perfect classic chocolate cake recipe that you can create with the help of our ingredients.
- ⅔ cup of butter softened
- ⅔ cup of sugar, powdered
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup of baking powder
- ⅔ cup of cocoa powder
- ¼ cup of baking soda
- 1 tsp of salt
- ⅓ cup of whole milk
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups of chocolate chips
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating until smooth after each addition
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 13×9-in. baking pan
- Bake at 350° until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean, 35-40 minutes. Cool on a wire rack
- When the cake is cooled down, dust with confectioners’ sugar or top with your favourite frosting
- For the frosting, mix together the melted chocolate and whipping cream
- With the cut and fold method, combine the cream and chocolate
- Now, with the help of a piping bag, fill the cream in and start piping the cake
- You can either frost on the top of the cake or by cutting the cake into half from the centre and then again frosting on the top
- Once done, clean all the sides with the help of a spatula for a cleaned finish.
Tips for the super moist cake:
- There are several ways to ensure your cake is deliciously moist
- First, make sure your ingredients are at room temperature before beginning
- Second, avoid overbeating your dry ingredients as you add them to the batter
- Lastly, add the milk alternately with the dry ingredients, always beginning and ending with the dry ingredients
- Keep in mind swapping ingredients, like the whole milk called for, will change the texture and moistness of the cake.
You can decorate your cake with some fresh berries like strawberries and blueberries. For that extra chocolate flavour, you can add chocolate shavings on the top of the cake as well.
Can’t get enough of chocolate? So can’t we, to get the indulge in some decadent chocolate dishes this world chocolate day.