There are some things about Christmas that never change, and baking a traditional Christmas Cake is one of them. Though making this cake at first glance might look complicated, it is very easy. Check out this simple, alcohol-free recipe for everyone’s favourite Christmas treat – the Christmas Cake.
• 2 cups blanched almond flour
• ½ tsp. sea salt
• 1 tsp. baking soda
• ½ tsp. almond extract
• ¾ cup Healthy Alternatives – Organic Honey
• 4 large Healthy Alternatives – Free Range Organic Eggs
• 1 cup L’Exclusif Dried Cranberries
• ½ cup Healthy Alternatives – Dried Apricots (chopped)
• ½ cup Healthy Alternatives – Pistachio Kernels (chopped)
• ½ cup Healthy Alternatives – Walnut Kernels (chopped)
• Baking spray
• 9-inch spring form pan
• Cake tray
• Tin/aluminum foil
1. Wash the orange and boil it whole (without peeling) for 1 ½ hours or until soft. Place the whole orange in a food processor and blend it until smooth.
2. Process the eggs, honey, almond extract, almond flour, salt, and baking soda until well blended. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and stir in the cranberries, apricots, walnuts, and pistachios.
3. Pour the mixture into a greased, almond flour-dusted 9-inch spring form pan. If the cake begins to brown on top before the center is done, cover it with tin foil.
4. Bake it at 350 degrees (C) for 45-55 minutes, or until the knife stuck in the center comes out clean. Let it cool in the pan for 2 hours.
Your delicious Christmas Cake is just a few ingredients away! Get them at the Nature’s Basket store.
Tempted to make some more Christmas desserts? Check out these Easy Christmas Dessert recipes.