- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 cup granulated Healthy Alternatives organic brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Healthy Alternative honey
- Orange supremes, for garnish
- Toasted Healthy Alternatives Walnuts, for garnish
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees with rack in middle position. Butter and flour a 9-by-3-inch spring form pan.
2.In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, stir together yogurt and honey.
3.In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until fully incorporated. Beat in vanilla extract.
4.Alternately add flour mixture and yogurt to stand mixer bowl in three additions, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
5.Transfer batter to prepared pan, smooth top, and bake until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes.
6.Cool cake in pan for 10 minutes. Transfer cake to wire rack to cool completely. Slice and serve with orange supremes and walnuts.
Visit and share your unique recipes with us.