Let’s accept it, we all love cheese and its desserts. So celebrate your weekend holidays by making and sharing something sweet from your kitchen. Our star ingredient is cream cheese and keeping yourself away from it, especially when it’s in a dessert is one the toughest things you will find. Let’s read few interesting cream cheese recipes and try making it during your weekend holidays for your friends and family.
Cranberry cream cheese muffins
• 1/4 cup (4 TBS) Butter, softened
• 2/3 cup granulated sugar
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup milk
• 2 teaspoons orange zest
• 1 large egg
• 1 cup flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 cup fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped
• 4 oz cold cream cheese, cut into small pieces
• 4 Tablespoons flour
• 4 Tablespoons granulated sugar
• 2 Tablespoons cold butter
1. Preheat the oven and line the muffin tins with paper liners and keep aside.
2. In a bowl, add cream butter and sugar until fluffy, now beat the egg, combine flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl. Slowly add the butter mixture, alternating with milk, start and end with the flour mixture. Fold in orange zest, cream cheese and cranberries. Divide the batter equally into the muffin tins.
3. To prepare the topping, combine flour and sugar and cut in butter until crumbly. 4. Sprinkle over the batter and bake for about 20-25 minutes. 5. Now in a small bowl, whisk together 1 ½ tablespoon orange juice and ½ cup sugar. Sprinkle over muffins before serving.
Blueberry cream cheese squares
• 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent roll dough
• A few blueberries • 2 (8 ounce) packages of cream cheese
• 1/2 cup margarine, melted
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 cup white sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• ¼ cup sugar
1. Grease the pan and preheat the oven.
2. Keep one of the crescent rolls at the bottom of the prepared pan. In a bowl, mix together sugar, cream cheese and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Spread over the crescent layer.
3. Unroll the second can of crescent rolls and lay them on top of the cream cheese layer. Do not press down. Pour the melted margarine over the entire pan. Combine the remaining 1/4th cup of sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over the top.
4. Bake for about 30-35 minutes in the preheated oven till it gets golden brown and crisp.
So try your own cheese desserts at home! Pick up some cream cheese at a Nature’s Basket near you or log on to www.naturesbasket.co.in and order online.