This winter, fill up your Christmas cookie jar with these healthier alternatives of chocolate chip delights! Made from gluten-free buckwheat flour, they are nutty and earthy in texture and light and crispy on the outside. Now, you don’t need to wait for a cheat day to indulge in a little cookie fun!
• 150 grams of Healthy Alternatives Buckwheat Flour
• 1 tbsp. baking powder
• 1 teaspoon of salt
• 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
• 80g of Healthy Alternatives Organic Brown Sugar
• Vanilla extract
• 1 large egg
• L’Exclusif Chocolate Chips
1. In a bowl, mix together the flour, brown sugar, salt and the baking powder.
2. In another bowl, whisk the butter using an electric whisk.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the egg and the sugar.
4. Beat this mixture with an electric mixer on high until it’s light and fluffy. Add the butter and beat it on high until it’s combined.
5. Add all the dry ingredients and mix everything together until it’s combined. Add the extract and mix together.
6. Stir in the chocolate chips and scoop the mixture out on a baking tray using an ice cream scoop.
7. Preheat the oven to 375° F / 190° C and bake for 15 minutes.
Ready to bake these buckwheat cookies? Get your ingredients here at Nature’s Basket.
Not in the mood to bake? Then, this Berry Delicious Ice Cream Shortcake is a dream come true for your palette!