When it comes to breakfast – eggs are the most obvious choice. They’re protein packed, full of vitamins and rich in minerals. They are easy to make, cheap and taste egg-cellent! However, just because they are easy to make doesn’t mean you stick to the basics. Once in a while, it is fun to turn the yumminess factor up a notch, especially with so many options to choose from. Let’s bring gourmet home with simple, easy, decadent egg recipes you can make at home for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
1. Chorizo And Quinoa Scrambled Eggs
Picture Courtesy: MJ and Hungryman
Fancy eggs for breakfast? Yes, please! Embrace breakfast’s fancy side with this yummy quinoa breakfast bowl with chicken chorizo. Eggs and quinoa, both powerhouses of protein curb hunger pangs and keep you feeling full till lunchtime. We’ve heard of many breakfast bowl recipes but this one is not only healthy but also simple to make!
• 6 Healthy Alternatives – Free Range Country Eggs
• 1/4th cup plain curd
• 1/2 tsp. fresh garlic
• ½ tsp. salt
• ¼ cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
• ½ tsp. pepper
• 2 chicken chorizo sausages
• 2 tbsp. Healthy Alternatives – Pure Olive Oil
• 100 gm. spinach
• 1 cups Healthy Alternatives – Peruvian Quinoa White (cooked)
• 1/2 cup feta cheese
1. In a large skillet heat olive oil and add the garlic and chorizo. Cook for 3-4 minutes on a medium flame. Set it aside. In a large bowl whisk together eggs, curd, salt, and pepper. Set it aside.
2. In a well-greased pan, add the spinach and sauté. Add the sausages to the pan. Stir in egg mixture and cook until the eggs are set for about 3-4 minutes. Stir the eggs as they cook so they turn out scrambled.
3. Once the eggs are cooked, stir in the feta and quinoa and cook until heated through. Serve hot! This recipe serves 3.
2. Asparagus And Spinach Frittata
Picture Courtesy: Taste
What’s better than a traditional frittata? A green veggie frittata! This frittata is a hearty, wholesome and flavorful combination of eggs, spinach and asparagus. The best part about this recipe is that you can have it any time of the day – breakfast, lunch or dinner! Perfect for egg lovers, this recipe screams pure gourmet!
• 4 Healthy Alternatives – Free Range Organic Eggs (beaten)
• 1 cups spinach (cooked)
• ½ cup asparagus tips (blanched)
• ½ cup goat cheese
• ¼ tsp. salt
• ¼ tsp. pepper
• ¼ breadcrumbs
1. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, spinach, asparagus, goat cheese, salt and pepper. Mix well. Spray a non-stick cake pan or spring form pan with cooking spray. Add the breadcrumbs to the bottom evenly to coat the base of the pan.
2. Pour the egg mixture into the oven pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes in the oven at 175 C. To check if cooked, poke a toothpick in the frittata and if it comes out clean it is ready.
3. Invert the frittata onto a plate and flip it onto a serving plate. Garnish with some crumbs of goat cheese and serve hot.
3. Bacon, Egg And Cheese Strata
Picture Courtesy: Food 52
Bacon and eggs are a match made in breakfast heaven. Eggs are known as superfoods as they are loaded with nutrients and antioxidants. Why not take this traditional combination and turn it into a gourmet special? This bacon, egg and cheese strata is something your whole family will relish for brunch.
• 6 Healthy Alternatives – Free Range Organic Eggs (beaten)
• 6 slices bread (cut into 1-inch cubes)
• ½ cup smoked bacon cubes (cooked)
• 1 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
• 1 cup milk
• ½ tsp. mustard
• ½ tsp. salt
• ½ tsp. pepper
1. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, breadcrumbs, milk, bacon, cheese, mustard, salt and pepper. Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight for the flavours to set in.
2. Preheat the oven for 5 minutes to 175 C. Spray a non-stick cake pan or spring form pan with cooking spray.
3. Remove plastic wrap and pour the mixture onto a baking dish. Grate some cheese generously. Bake for 45-50 minutes in the oven. Serve hot.
Get your stock of fresh eggs at the Nature’s Basket store now to cook these amazing gourmet egg recipes!
Want some more delicious egg recipes? Check out these 6 Easy Egg Recipes.