Are you one of those people who can’t start their day without having a steaming cup of tea first? If yes, then you will love what we’re going to talk about. If you’re not a tea person, well you might just become one after checking out these aromatic tea recipes. So sit back and take a look at 4 unique brews that will help you enjoy your everyday tea in ways you didn’t think possible.
1. Oolong Tea
Picture Courtesy: Style Craze
Oolong is a traditional Chinese tea full of nutritional benefits. It helps in reducing chronic heart diseases, inflammatory disorders, and high cholesterol levels, while providing vital antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. It has a pleasant aroma and a fruity flavour that can be enjoyed with or without milk. Check out this simple recipe to brew Oolong tea –
• 2 cups water
• 2 tbsp. Tea Culture – Oolong Tea Leaves
• 1 tsp. vanilla extract
• ½ tsp. Healthy Alternatives – Organic Honey
1. Brew the tea with the water and vanilla extract. Filter out the water with a sieve into a tea cup.
2. Add the honey and stir well before serving.
2. Ginger Cinnamon Tea
Picture Courtesy: Pinterest
We all know that nothing beats cold in the winters like a steaming hot cup of ginger tea. The high levels of vitamin C and essential minerals make it extremely healthy, and the flavours of ginger and cinnamon coming together is the best thing that could happen to a tea lover. Try this easy recipe and enjoy your time in the tea heaven –
• 2 tsp. Tea Culture – Ginger Tea
• 2 Healthy Alternatives – Cinnamon Quills
• 2 tbsp. Healthy Alternatives – Organic Honey
1. Place the ginger tea leaves, cinnamon and 4 cups cold water in a saucepan over high heat. Cover the pan and bring it to a boil. Once boiled, reduce the heat to low and let it simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes for flavours to develop.
2. Strain mixture into a heatproof jug. Add honey and stir to combine. Serve it warm or slightly cooled.
3. Chamomile Tea
Picture Courtesy: Food NDTV
Chamomile is known for its relaxing and soothing effects. This is exactly the kind of tea you need after a stressful day at work. Give yourself a healthy break with this easy and aromatic chamomile tea recipe –
• 2 tsp. Tea Culture – Chamomile Loose Tea
• 2 cups hot water
• 2 tsp. Healthy Alternatives – Organic Honey
1. Mix the chamomile loose tea leaves in hot water and let it infuse for 2 to 3 minutes. Strain and serve.
2. Optional: add honey for a sweet flavour.
4. Hōjicha Tea Latte
Picture Courtesy: Elle Eten
Hōjicha is a green tea which originates in Japan. It’s known for its earthy, nutty, caramel notes. The end product is more brown than green because unlike other green teas, it’s roasted. This relaxing and delicious tea will have you wishing you lived in Japan! But until you get a chance to go there, check out this recipe and make this beautiful tea at home –
• 2 tbsp. Tea Culture – Hōjicha Loose Tea
• 1.5 cup water
• 4 tsp. Coffee Mate
• 5 tsp. Healthy Alternatives – Organic Brown Sugar
1. Bring the water to a boil and add the tea. Let it brew for 4 minutes. Filter the water out with a sieve after the tea has been brewed.
2. Add coffee-mate and sugar. Stir it well and serve.
Excited to try out these unique tea flavours at home now? Get your favourite tea from the Tea Culture range at the Nature’s Basket store!
Need some more reasons to have tea? You can go on a tea cleanse! Read All About The Tea Cleanse and give yourself delicious detox.