Every mom knows the struggle of putting together a fun-themed birthday party menu for their kids. Let’s face it, juggling a 9-to-5 work life along with planning the menu, the décor, the invites and all that birthday party jazz is definitely not easy! If you’re looking for some unique birthday party food ideas, look no further. We have got some super easy yet super delicious party dishes to help you throw the most berry cute birthday party ever! How about giving your party guests a very berry special surprise with this strawberry themed birthday party menu?
1. Strawberry Balsamic Crostini
• Strawberries, sliced
• ½ cup of balsamic vinegar (will reduce to ¼ cup)
• Bruschetta slices
• Healthy Alternatives Pure Olive Oil
• Mozzarella, sliced
• Mint or Basil
1. Thinly slice the strawberries, and sprinkle them with a little bit of salt. Set aside.
2. Reduce the balsamic vinegar into a syrup. In a small saucepan, heat the balsamic vinegar until it just barely comes to a boil. Lower the heat to a simmer and let it reduce (stirring occasionally) until it's about ½ the amount you started with. (5-7 minutes, depending on the quantity).
3. Drizzle the bread with the olive oil and toast it or grill it.
4. Assemble the crostini with a piece of mozzarella, strawberries, a drizzle of the reduced balsamic and some fresh mint.
2. Strawberry Salsa
If you think that salsa is all about tomatoes, think again! Add a strawberry twist to your same old salsa recipe for a confetti of bright, sunny flavours. Made with fresh strawberries, you can drizzle it over your main course to get a flavourful kick in every bite or even serve it as a scrumptious dip along with some tortilla chips. Go ahead and add this delightful strawberry salsa dish to your kid’s birthday party menu!
• 1 1/2 cups of strawberries, chopped
• 1/2 cup of kiwifruit, chopped & peeled
• 1/2 cup of cucumber, chopped
• 1/2 cup of onion, chopped
• 2 tablespoons of jalapeño pepper, chopped & seeded
• 1 tablespoon of fresh cilantro or mint, chopped
• 1 teaspoon of lemon rind, grated
• 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon of fresh orange juice
• 1 tablespoon of Healthy Alternatives Floral Blend Honey
• 1/4 teaspoon of salt
1. Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover and chill. Serve the salsa with a slotted spoon.
2. Store the salsa in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
3. Strawberry-Ginger Ale Floats
• 2 cups of fresh strawberries, chopped
• 4 Tbsp. lemon juice
• 1/8 teaspoon of table salt
• 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated (optional)
• L’Exclusif Tender Coconut Ice Cream
• Ginger Ale
1. Process the first 3 ingredients and, if desired, ginger, in a blender until they smoothen up.
2. Divide half of the mixture among 4 tall sundae glasses; top each of them with desired amount of ice cream.
3. Spoon the remaining strawberry mixture over the ice cream; top with desired amount of ginger ale. Serve immediately.
4. Strawberry-Lemon Shortbread Bars
• 2 cups of Healthy Alternatives Organic Wheat Maida
• 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
• 3/4 teaspoon of lemon zest, divided
• 3/4 cup of cold butter
• 2 (8-oz.) packages of cream cheese, softened
• 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
• 2 large Healthy Alternatives Free Range Country Eggs
• 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
• 1 cup of L’Exclusif Whole Strawberry Conserve
• Garnishes: sweetened whipped cream, fresh strawberry slices
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Stir together the flour, the powdered sugar, and 1/2 tsp. lemon zest in a medium bowl; cut in the butter with a pastry blender until it is crumbly. Press this mixture onto the bottom of a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan.
2. Bake at 350° for 20 to 22 minutes or until the mixture has lightly browned.
3. Meanwhile, beat the cream cheese and the granulated sugar with an electric mixer until it is smooth. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, and beat them just until they blend after each addition. Stir in the fresh lemon juice and the remaining 1/4 tsp. lemon zest, beating well.
4.Spread the conserve over the shortbread. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the conserve, spreading until the edge. Bake for 28 to 32 more minutes or until it has set. Let it cool for 1 hour on a wire rack. Cover and chill for 4 to 8 hours. Cut into bars; garnish, if desired.
Looking forward to this berry delicious party? Get your ingredients here at Nature’s Basket.
Can’t get enough of the strawberries? Check out this Strawberry Chia Seeds Pudding Recipe