Did you know that ‘stressed’ is ‘desserts’ spelt backwards? So shake off those pesky worries and dissolve them in a spoonful of sinful delight. Get your mouth watering with some super easy 5-minute dessert recipes. Give your loved ones a post dinner surprise or satisfy those evening hunger pangs with these breezy quick fix desserts. Since when was a little cherry on top a bad thing? Join us and let those worries bite the dust!
1. Berry Cobbler
Courtesy – Jackie dodd
• 3/4 cup of Strawberries
• 1/3 cup of organic sugar - Healthy Alternatives
• 1/3 cup of organic Whole Wheat Flour – Healthy Alternatives
• 1/2 tablespoons of baking powder
• 1 tablespoons of butter
• 2 tablespoons of milk
1. Chop berries and add to a mug. Add powdered sugar, stir to combine.
2. In a separate bowl, add the flour, white sugar, baking powder and mix to combine. Add the butter and rub in with your fingers until everything is combined.
3. Add the milk and stir.
4. Add the dough to the top of the berries.
5. Microwave it on high for about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
6. The hardest part of all, be patient and allow it to cool down!
2. S’mores Cups
Courtesy – thevaultfiles
• 1 3/4 cups of graham crackers
• 1 cup of chocolate chips
• 3 marshmallows for each cup
• 1 stick of butter
1. Melt the butter in the microwave and combine it with the graham crumbs using a fork.
2. Press this mixture onto a muffin tin and bake for 10 min or until it turns golden brown.
3. Top each cup with chocolate chips right after removing from the oven (so that they melt).
4. When you are ready to eat or serve, place 3 marshmallows on top and place it in the oven on broil (high setting) for just about 45 seconds
5. Don't let them broil for longer than that because they will burn!
6. Sit back and ask yourself ‘that was a bit too easy, wasn’t it?’
3. Cinnamon Roll Mug Cake
Courtesy – cooking classy
• 2 tablespoons of applesauce
• 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
• 1 tablespoon of buttermilk
• ¼ tablespoon of vanilla extract
• ¼ + 1 teaspoon of Healthy Alternatives Organic Whole Wheat Flour
• 2 ½ tablespoons of Healthy Alternatives Organic Brown Sugar
• ¾ tablespoons of powdered cinnamon
• 1 dash of nutmeg
• ¼ tablespoons of baking powder
• Pinch of salt
For The Cream Cheese Icing
• 1 tablespoon of cream cheese
• 2 tablespoons of Healthy Alternatives Organic Sugar
• 1 teaspoon of milk
1. Mix all the cream cheese ingredients together in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Combine all the other ingredients in mug and whisk with a fork until it is well mixed and smooth.
3. Microwave the mixture on high power for 1 minute and check for doneness (if not, microwave for a few extra seconds)
4. Serve warm, topped with the cream cheese icing!
4. Chocolate Chip Cookie In A Cup
Courtesy – no.2 pencil
• 1 tablespoon of butter
• 1 tablespoon of granulated white sugar
• 1 tablespoon of Healthy Alternatives Organic Brown Sugar
• 3 drops of vanilla extract
• Pinch of salt
• 1 egg yolk
• 3 tablespoons of Healthy Alternatives Organic Whole Wheat Flour
• 2 ½ tablespoons of L’Exclusif Chocolate Chips
1. Start by melting the butter in the microwave.
2. Add the sugar, the vanilla extract and the salt. Stir to combine.
3. Add the yolk (not the egg whites) to the cup. Stir to combine.
4. Add the flour and stir again to combine.
5. Add the chocolate chips and give a final stir. Now, your mixture should look like cookie dough. Add a few chocolate chips to top it off.
6. Cook in the microwave for 50 seconds.
7. Serve warm and savour this melt in your mouth delight!
What are you waiting for? Join the dessert party at Nature’s Basket!
Still craving sugar? We suggest Strawberrylicious Crumble!