Even vegans will scream for some ice cream now, with these vegan ice cream recipes? A lot of people assume that living a vegan life means cutting down on all sorts of sweet treats. But we believe that No one should be deprived from these frozen dessert delights, that’s why, we have got your back with these homemade, no churn vegan ice cream recipes. Check them out below!
1. Vegan Chocolate Avocado Ice Cream
This vegan ice cream is creamy, chocolatey and oh so healthy! Try this at-home recipe for some comfort food fun over the weekend.
- A 380 g can of full fat coconut milk
- 127 g of avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of water
- Vegan hot fudge, for drizzling (Optional)
- Vegan Sprinkles, for sprinkling (Optional)
- Add the avocado and the coconut milk to a food processor and blend them together.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend them for about 2 minutes until they are smooth and incorporated, scraping down the bowl once.
- Freeze the mixture in a freezer-safe container for 3-4 hours. Whisk slightly every 20 minutes to stop it from getting too icy It should be getting thicker after each whisking, until it's firm enough to scoop.
- Scoop and serve. You can optionally add hot fudge and sprinkles on top.
2. 1 Ingredient Vegan Banana Ice Cream
Making a healthy, mouth-watering vegan ice cream at home cannot get easier! Go bananas on this 1-ingredient ice cream recipe.
- 4 very ripe bananas, sliced.
- Spread the banana slices onto a plate and freeze for 1 to 2 hours.
- Add them to a food processor and process until they turn smooth, scrape down the sides if needed.
- Transfer to a glass or a plastic storage container with a lid, and store in the freezer. Scoop and serve as needed. You can garnish it with some nuts or maple syrup or fresh fruits.
3. 2 Ingredient Vegan Blueberry Ice Cream
This vegan blueberry ice cream recipe is all you need to perk yourself up during those mid-week blues! Get your scoops ready for some vegan dessert fun!
- 4 large bananas, frozen
- 2 cups of frozen blueberries
- For garnishing, shredded coconut and more blueberries
- Add the bananas to a food processor and blend. They will break into hard pieces, and will begin to blend into a smooth cream after a few minutes of blending.
- Add the blueberries in as soon as they become creamy. Blend together until they are combined.
- Serve immediately or add to a freezer safe container in the fridge and freeze for at least 2-4 hours
Go gourmet on your homemade desserts with this vegan French silk ice cream! The vanilla swirl and mocha ice cream are bound to blow your taste buds away.
For the vanilla swirl:
- 1/4 cup of Healthy Alternatives Cashew Butter
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp. soy/almond milk
- 8 frozen bananas
- 3-4 tbsp. cacao powder
- 2 tsps. espresso powder
- 1/3 cup of chocolate, chopped into chunks
- For the vanilla swirl, whisk together the cashew butter, the maple syrup and the vanilla extract. Add the milk slowly until the mixture is thick but is still pourable. Set it aside.
- In a food processor, combine the frozen bananas, the cacao powder, and the espresso powder.
- Blend on high until this mixture is creamy and smooth. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides.
- Add the vanilla swirl and the chocolate chunks, and serve immediately as a soft-serve.
Are you a vegan newbie? Check out these protein rich foods for a vegan diet.