Scrolling through all those appetizing pictures of quinoa and berries breakfast bowls can make you feel like you can only eat healthy if you have struck a gold mine somewhere in the middle of Africa.
Well, now it’s time for you to put down those fries and add some nutrition back to your plate with these budget-friendly, healthy recipes that are just under 500 rupees!You can now maintain a low-calorie, balanced diet without worrying about shelling out too much.
1. Mushroom, Bacon And Spinach Egg Muffins
Start your day with loads of protein and some healthy greens with this egg-licious breakfast meal! Want more reasons to try out this breakfast muffin? You can whip it for some bakedbacon goodnessanytime you want without having to burn a hole inyour pocket.
•½ an onion, diced (16/-)
•10 pieces of bacon, diced (245/-)
•2 cups of mushrooms, sliced (45/-)
•2 cups of spinach, finely chopped (19/-)
•10 eggs (87/-)
•1/2 tsp. salt
•1/2 tsp. pepper
•2 tbsp. Healthy Alternatives Pure Olive Oil
1. In a large skillet, cook the baconuntil it starts to crispen up, for about 8-10 minutes. Remove it from the heat and set it aside.While the bacon is cooking, cut up the onions, the mushrooms, and the spinach.
2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Crack the eggs into a large bowl and whisk them together.
3. Add the mushrooms, the onions, the spinach,the bacon,the salt and the pepper to the bowl and mix everything together.
4. Grease a large muffin tray with some olive oil. Pour a little oil in each section and rub it around the sides with your fingers. You can even use muffin tray liners, instead.
5. Spoon the egg mixture into the muffin tray, filling the sections about 3/4th of the way.
6. Place the tray in the oven and bake, for about 20 minutes before serving.
2. Spiced Tofu Buddha Bowl
Make some spiced and seasoned tofu garnished with lots of healthy, nourishing toppings for some savoury, wholesome lunch.Feast on this lip-smacking, home-cooked, budget-friendly buddha bowl without having to worry about them, calories!
•1/2 pound of firm tofu (90/-)
•1/3 package of taco seasoning mix (55/-)
•1/4 cup of salsa (130/-)
•3/4th cup of brown rice (99/-)
•1 cup of kale (35/-)
•1/2 tomato, chopped (18/-)
•1/2 lemon (12/-)
•1/4 cup of coriander (24/-)
1. Cook the brown rice as usual and once cooked, add the juice of one lemon, the cilantro, and the salt and the pepper to taste
2. Meanwhile,pour 1/4 jar of salsa into a skillet. Cube the tofu into 1-inch squares and add to the skillet. Cook until the salsa and the tofu are warmedthoroughly, for about 5 minutes.
3. Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the tofu. Heat the tofu over medium heat and break it up with a spoon as you go.
4. Toss the tofu, making sure it is evenly heated and coated in taco seasoning, for about 4-6 minutes.
5. Assemble the buddha bowl by layering the brown rice, the kale, the tomatoes, the tofu mix, and garnish with some salsa.
3. Paleo Chicken And Broccoli
Cooking a quick, easy and scrumptious gluten-free dish for dinner couldn’t be cheaper or healthier! Nourish yourself with this flavourful paleo version of chicken and broccoli, at the end of a long, tiring day, that you can whip in just a few minutes.
•3 tablespoons of Healthy Alternatives Pure Olive Oil
•3 cups of broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces (113/-)
•1½ tablespoon of grated ginger (10/-)
•1 teaspoon of salt
•1 teaspoon of ginger garlic powder (75/-)
•1 teaspoon of red chili flakes (or to taste) (45/-)
•⅔ cup of soy sauce (50/-)
•400g of chicken, cut into bite-size pieces (55/-)
1. Heat some oil in a large skillet and add the broccoli,the ginger, thesalt,the garlic powder, the red pepper flakes and the soy sauce.
2. Cook over medium/high heat for 5 minutes until the broccoli starts to soften.
3. Add the chicken and turn the heat to high.
4. Cook until the chicken is fully cooked, stirring regularly, for about 5 minutes.
5. Serve it over some zucchini noodles or cauliflower rice or just as it is.
Can’t wait to get cooking, now? Get the freshest ingredients at Nature’s Basket at #PricesYouWillLove.
Craving for some more healthy dishes. Try out these tofu recipes right here.
(Please note that there may be changes in the prices mentioned above depending on the time and place of purchase.)