Desserts are fun to eat but even more fun to make! Got a really important dinner party coming up and need to impress your guests? Try these super easy homemade dessert recipes and become the go-to gourmet chef! No one will guess that you were the master of these delectable dishes!
1. Classic Cheesecake
With its oh so crumbly graham crust and a silky cream cheese filling, this classic cheesecake recipe will certainly have your dinner guests raving about your culinary skills!
•900 g cream cheese
•120 g caster Sugar
•3 tsp Healthy Alternatives Organic Wheat Maida
•5 whole eggs
•1/2 cup fresh cream
•1 tsp Lemon juice
•1 pinch lemon zest
•1 tsp vanilla syrup/extract
(For the Crust)
•2 cups crumbled fiber biscuits
•1/2 cup unsalted butter
1.Take a bowl and combine the crumbled crackers/biscuits with the butter (melted) and mix it. Take your pan and layer it with this crust mixture. Freeze it for 15 mins.
2.Preheat the oven to 180 C.
3.Take a big container and add the cream cheese, sugar, Maida and beat it with a mixer blender. Let it become smooth and soft. Slowly, add the eggs into this mix and beat it again.
4.Add the cream, the lemon zest vanilla extract to this mixture and beat it until it all becomes one smooth mixture.
5.Take the crust out of the refrigerator and place it in a larger pan and add the filling. Bake it for an hour at about 125 C and then for another 45 mins. Bake more if the crust isn’t set yet.
6.Take it out of the oven and let it cool. Cover the cake with a plastic wrap or foil and refrigerate it for a minimum of 24 hours. Serve with some strawberry syrup or blueberries!
2. Banana Pudding
This is one scrumptious treat that you can easily whip up with easily available ingredients in your kitchen or your nearest Natures Basket store. Indulge your taste buds in a fruity surprise with this banana pudding!
•1/3 cup Healthy Alternatives Organic Wheat Maida
•¾ cup sugar
•¼ tsp salt
•2 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
•2½ cups milk
•3 tsp butter
•2 tsp vanilla syrup/extract
•1 tsp banana extract
•3-4 ripe bananas, sliced
(For the topping)
•3/4 cup heavy cream
•3-4 tsp fine sugar
•1 tsp vanilla syrup/extract
1.Take a pan and pour in the flour, sugar, and salt. Add the yolks and the milk to this mixture. Whisk this mixture and keep the pan on a medium simmer. Gradually add the butter and keep whisking until the mixture becomes thick. Remove from the heat and add the vanilla, the banana syrup, and some more butter.
2.Take a big dish and layer it with the wafers and banana slices. Layer it with the pudding and fill it up. Cover with a wrap and leave it to rest for 2 to 3 hours.
3.Serve on a plate with a serving of the wafer and the pudding and add a dollop of the blended cream on top. Add additional garnishes like nuts, banana slices, and wafers if required.
3. Caramelized Pears With Coffee Cream
This sticky caramel pear dessert will certainly be the masterpiece at your dinner table! Get a gourmet kick from a homemade dessert with this amazing recipe for some caramelized pears topped with a generous dollop of coffee cream!
•4 pears, any type
•2 tsp lemon juice
•1 tsp sugar
•2 tsp water
•2 tsp unsalted butter
(For the coffee cream)
•1 cup whipped cream
•1 vanilla bean
•1 cup mascarpone cheese
•1/3 cup sugar
•2-3 tsp chilled espresso
1. Cut your pears into halves and remove the core with the seeds. Put them in a pan and brush them with some lemon juice, sprinkle some sugar evenly on them and dab them with some butter.
2. Heat your oven to 375 degrees and put in the pear halves. Put water in the roasting pan with the pears and bake for about 30 minutes. Flip them over and bake again for 30 minutes. Test the pears with a knife, they should slice through easily.
3. Once done, let the pears cool till they reach room temperature. In the meantime, take a bowl. Put the whipped cream and the sliced vanilla bean in it. Stir it and refrigerate for an hour.
4. Once it’s ready, right before serving, add the cream to the refrigerated bowl. Add in the mascarpone cheese and the espresso, and beat it until it's blended. Add the sugar and beat again till the mixture is soft.
5. Serve the pears in a dish with a generous dollop of the coffee cream. Sprinkle the entire dish with some cocoa or toasted almonds, as per your liking.
Ready to be a gourmet chef at home? Get all your ingredients here.
Now you can indulge in your favourite desserts without guilt-tripping over calories, check out this healthy quinoa pancakes recipe!