When someone says they’re dieting, we immediately assume they’re talking about salads and bland boiled vegetables. Well, not if they’re on a keto diet! A ketogenic diet, commonly known as a keto diet, is a low-carb, high-fat diet that has been getting a lot of attention recently. The drastic reduction in carbs puts the body into a metabolic state called ketosis.
This diet has proved to be beneficial against epilepsy, heart diseases, strokes, and cancer to some extent. The best part? You can treat yourself to these quick, sugarless, low-carb, high-fat desserts any time you’re craving something sweet! They are so delicious even after your diet is over you will only want to eat these desserts!
Lemon Cheesecake Mousse
Indulge in this cream cheese delight on a keto diet! Who doesn’t like a good old cheesecake? Try this 10-min recipe any time of the day!
· Around 250 grams of cream cheese
· 1/4 cup of lemon juice
· 1 cup of heavy fresh cream
· 1/2 teaspoon of lemon liquid stevia (lemon drops)
· A pinch of salt to taste
1. Add the cream cheese and the lemon juice to a mixer blender.
2. Blend the mixture until it is creamy and smooth.
3. Add the heavy cream, the lemon drops and a pinch of salt. Blend this mixture again until it looks whipped.
4. Serve in some shot glasses or some small serving glasses and grate some lemon zest for garnish.
Note: Manage quantity of salt and lemon drops according to your taste. If you’re not eating it immediately, then freeze it until you serve.
Peanut Butter Fudge
What can ever go wrong with peanut butter? This recipe will make you a peanut butter connoisseur. This peanut butter fudge can perk up those mid-week blues with its candied goodness!
· 1 cup of unsweetened peanut butter
· 1 cup of coconut oil
· 1/4 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
· A pinch of salt only (optional)
· 2 teaspoons of vanilla liquid stevia or any other sweetener of your choice (optional)
· Chocolate Sauce as topping (optional)
1. Mix the peanut butter with some coconut oil and melt it in an oven or a pan.
2. Blend this mixture along with the rest of the ingredients. Blend until the mixture becomes smooth.
3. Take a loaf pan and line it with butter paper. Pour the mixture into this and settle it into the pan.
4. Refrigerate it for two hours.
5. Take it out and cut to pieces.
Note: You can serve it directly or add chocolate sauce for presentation. Make sure you’re using a low-calorie sauce. You can refrigerate the leftovers for further use.
Don’t let your keto diet keep you away from your favourite brownies with this easy flourless recipe! Bake a bunch on a lazy Sunday afternoon and bite into this healthy treat with your loved ones!
· 6 eggs
· 150 grams melted butter
· 60 grams cocoa (preferably unsweetened)
· 1/2 tsp baking powder
· 2 tsp vanilla syrup/extract
· 120 grams cream cheese
· 4 tsp sweetener of your choice
1. Take a mixing bowl. Put all the ingredient in this bowl and blend them using a hand blender. Do this until they blend into a smooth mixture.
2. Line a baking dish with a parchment. Pour the mixture into it and let it settle.
3. Oven-bake it at about 180 C for a maximum of 25 minutes. Check if it is cooked in the middle.
4. Take it out, slice and serve. You can add fruits as garnish.
Ready to try these keto desserts? Get all your ingredients here.
Are these desserts making you want to go on a Keto diet? Read more about low-carb foods here