Kale, as we know it today, can be traced back to fourth century BC. First cultivated in the Mediterranean region, this superfood can be had as a soup, drink, salad, quiche or even chips, around the world for a health and nutrition boost.
- Kale is among the most nutrient dense foods on the planet yet very low in calories.
- It is a power house of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals such as calcium, potassium and magnesium and is also known to help lower cholesterol, protect the eyes.
Here are 3 simple ideas to experiment with Kale -
Kale Chips are a great way to snack guilt free
- Not all green smoothies are a turn off, they can be healthy while having a mojito-like kick.
- Blend a handful of kale leaves with mint, a cup of pineapples, banana with one cup of coconut water and enjoy a yummy glass of health that will transport you on a tropical get away.
Kale Pesto Sauce
- In a food processor, blend kale leaves, basil leaves, and salt until the kale leaves are finely chopped.
- With the motor running, drizzle in the olive oil.
- To it add walnuts and garlic and process again, then add the cheese and pulse to combine.
- Toss with your favourite pasta and serve immediately.
Buy the freshest Kale at Nature's Basket. Find the nearest store to you on bit.ly/2llpwU0