Spicy Thai Chicken and Quinoa is the perfect and wholesome meal to relish on a day off. This dish will have you hooked with its flavour-loaded, saucy, sticky exterior and light-your-face-on-fire spice levels from the very first bite. Read below quick and easy steps to make this delight.
For the Spicy Thai Sauce:
· ½ cup Thai style chili sauce
· ½ cup water or chicken broth
· ¼ cup Wholesome!® Organic Blue Agave
· ¼ cup soy sauce
· 2 tbsp rice vinegar
· 2 tblsp lime juice
· 2 tbsp Wholesome!® Organic Light Brown Sugar
· 1 clove garlic, minced
For the Chicken:
· 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
· 2 cups uncooked quinoa
· chopped peanuts, cilantro, and chili flakes for topping
1. To prepare the sauce, whisk all the sauce ingredients together. Marinate the chicken with about ½ cup sauce. Bring the remaining sauce to a boil over medium heat. Simmer for 30 minutes while it reduces and thickens.
2. Cook the quinoa according to package instructions.
3. In a bowl, marinate the chicken with ½ cup sauce. Refrigerate the marinate and let it all hang out for 30 minutes or so, while the sauce thickens. Shake off excess marinade and transfer to a hot grill pan or skillet. Cook the chicken for a few minutes on each side, until no longer pink, brushing periodically with the thickened sauce.
4. Plate the quinoa on a large platter and top with the chicken. Brush the extra sauce on the chicken pieces. Sprinkle with cilantro, peanuts, and chili flakes and serve.
Buy the perfect ingredients from Nature’s Basket. Shop online or find the nearest store on: bit.ly/2llpwU0