Have you ever heard of pizza being healthy? That’s right, a Quinoa crust one can boost your energy and health in no time! Quinoa is such a versatile super food, if you love thin crust pizza, you will surely become a fan of this quinoa crust recipe –a vegan, gluten-free, guilt-free substitute to your dominos inspired pizza crust. It is a delicious and nutritious meal option for your family, so layer it on with your favourite toppings and have a fabulous pizza night! Just mix, pour and bake!
1 cup Healthy Alternatives Quinoa, rinsed and soaked for at least 6-8 hours
1 tablespoon Healthy Alternatives Olive Oil
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup water
1. Preheat the oven to 200 C.
2. Rinse the sprouted quinoa. In a food processor, add; ¼ cup of water, baking powder, and salt. Blend it well to form a smooth texture.
3. Use a parchment paper on a flat pan and brush it with some Healthy Alternatives oil, pour the batter onto the pan. To make it smooth use a spatula.
4. Bake it for about 15 minutes and then flip the crust. Continue to bake for another 5 minutes.
5. Your gluten-free crust is now ready! Add your favourite sauce and toppings, and bake it for 10 minutes or until it’s well done. Slice & Serve!