One of Chef Saransh’s favourite salads, a combination of tender and light zucchini and satisfying ricotta chunks can help you to maintain a perfect balance in your salad. While the ricotta cheese adds a slight sweetness to the salad and gives it a creamy texture, zucchini adds the mild and moist flavor to it.
For the sauce
50 gm dried porcini mushrooms
2 dried red chilli
5 cloves of garlic
500 g Crushed tomatoes or chunky tomato puree
8 black olives
½ a bunch of fresh basil
Salt and crushed black pepper
For the fritters
2 large eggs
500 g ricotta cheese
1 nutmeg, for grating
40g Parmesan cheese
1 heaped tablespoon plain flour
For the salad
400 g green and yellow zucchini
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 fresh red chilli
½ a bunch of fresh mint
1 tsp Mustard
Salt and pepper
- Crack the egg into a mixing bowl, add the ricotta, finely grate in ¼ of the nutmeg, the lemon zest and Parmesan, add the flour, and then beat together.
- Put 1 tablespoon of olive oil into the frying pan, then use a tablespoon to spoon in 8 large dollops of the mixture, turning carefully when nice and golden.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil into the pan, add dried chilli, and add chopped garlic. Finely chop and add the porcini with half their soaking water and the chunky tomato, season with salt and pepper and bring to the boil.
- Add the olives. Add basil leaves.
- Grate the Zucchini and tip into a bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper, the juice of the zested lemon, mustard and the extra virgin olive oil. Finely chop and add the chilli and the top leafy half of the mint, then toss together.
- Place the fritters on top of the sauce, then scatter over some basil leaves, drizzle with balsamic and serve with lemon wedges.
Don’t forget to try this at home & share a picture with us! Visit a Nature’s Basket store near you or log on to www.naturesbasket.co.in because we want you to worry about the recipe, and not its ingredients!