An ideal party starter, the asparagus goat cheese frittata is a blend of smokey and tangy flavours. In layman’s terms, a frittata can be described as a crustless quiche or a healthy omelette and can be clubbed with a variety of vegetables and cheese. The best part about them is that they can be served warm or cold, so you don’t need to worry about reheating it again and again. Here’s Chef Saransh’s unique recipe which will definitely become a must have at your next get together.
6 spring onions
3 spring onions
3 sprigs of fresh mint
2 boiled potatoes
150 g peas
6 large eggs
2 tbsp butter
40 g goat's cheese
Pinch of fresh oregano
Parmesan cheese, for grating
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil. Chop the ends of the asparagus, then cut them. Trim the spring onions and chop them up, then pick and chop up most of the mint.
- Cook the asparagus by sautéing in the pan adding the par boiled peas and potatoes for the final 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain all the veg in a colander and set aside.
- Beat the eggs together with a whisk, then whisk in a pinch of black pepper, salt, oregano and most of the chopped mint.
- Melt the butter in an ovenproof frying pan, add the spring onion and cook gently for about 5 minutes.
- Add the drained veg, then pour in the minty egg mixture. Cook for 2 minutes, then very carefully take the pan off the heat.
- Crumble and grate the cheeses over the frittata, then grill or bake for 5 to 7 minutes, or until set and golden on top.
- Scatter over the remaining mint and serve the frittata warm.
Don’t forget to try this at home & share a picture with us! Visit a Nature’s Basket store near you or log on to www.naturesbasket.co.in because we want you to worry about the recipe, and not its ingredients!